1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Hash

There has always been a rivalry between Greek and Italian Food.....Greek food wins without a doubt! Gordon Ramsay is the big mouth when it comes to food, when he speaks we should all listen!👌

blopez34

Because it definitely is aahah! Don't get me wrong, I love Italian food but I find that the ingredients are a little toooo simple sometimes, and its super difficult to love if you're lactose intolerant like me :(

Reactions: Hash

Pictures of the beautiful Mykonos

Mykonos is such a beautiful island, don't take it for granted just because it sometimes gets a bad reputation!! Post your Mykonos pics so we can see the true Mykonos
Mykonos-720x480.jpg

How to make pligouri salata

This is such a light and refreshing dish!! Here's how to make it
  • 4 tablespoons Greek olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped into small pieces
  • 1 cup bulgur wheat
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 medium tomatoes, sliced (remove the cores)
  • 3 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
  • 1 tablespoons fresh lemon zest, from one whole lemon
  • Juice of one whole lemon
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Black pepper, to taste
All you need to do is finely chop everything and toss in the dressing!

Pligouri-Salata-720x480.jpg

How do you make Greek style lobster?

Is lobster a popular dish in Greece? Is there a way to make Greek style lobster? Please let me know if you have any idea! :) Thanks

Is it possible to use ground pork or lamb for Greek ground beef recipes?

Im not a huge fan of ground beef sometimes and I like to switch up the types of protein that I use. Has anyone tried making pastitsio or gemista with pork or lamb for example? How was it?

These Greek sesame cookies are perfect for the fall

I love sesame biscottis! This is what you'll need: 3/4 cup tahini, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cardamom or cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup orange juice, 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds. Mix all of the dry ingredients then the wet ingredients separately. Then combine all of them together and bake at 375 until golden :) I like to coat mine in plenty of sesame seeds but that's optional

Sesami-Biskoti-720x480.jpg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter