1 - 2 of 2 Posts

nadellii

Today was my first day in Santorini and I must say I was astounded. I was worried that there was a lot of hype around the island, and that it might not be as nice as they say but I was wrong. It’s absolutely stunning. I believe that everyone should try and go in their lifetime.

4AF80C52-DB66-48DB-83C3-1CD1F1981FC9.jpeg

Santorini is gorgeous. One can seep visiting and it never gets old!! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous pic!

Looking for Museums and Galleries to Visit on Santorini

I'm planning a trip to the enchanting island of Santorini, Greece, and am keen on immersing myself in the local art scene and history. Santorini is renowned not only for its breathtaking sunsets and stunning landscapes but also for its rich cultural tapestry. I aim to soak up as much of this cultural richness as possible during my visit.

In preparation for this adventure, I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for recommendations on must-visit museums and art galleries on the island. I'm interested in both well-known spots and hidden gems that capture the essence of Santorini's history, art, and culture.

Additionally, if anyone has insights on the best times to visit these spots to avoid crowds or to participate in any special events or exhibits, that would be wonderfully helpful.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and recommendations. I look forward to exploring Santorini’s cultural treasures and creating unforgettable memories on this trip!

View the natural and unique geography of Santorini

I love visiting Santorini because to me, it's physically beautiful. I find it enchanting because of how unique the landscape is.

About 3,600 years ago, the island experienced a colossal volcanic event, known as the Minoan eruption. This event was so massive that it significantly altered the landscape, creating the caldera—a giant central lagoon surrounded by high cliffs on three sides. The eruption also played a pivotal role in shaping the ancient civilizations of the area.

Santorini's geological wonders don't stop at the caldera. The island boasts unique beaches with varying colors of sand and pebbles—red, black, and white—thanks to its volcanic nature. Visiting these beaches is like stepping onto another planet.

So, I plan to go again this year and check it out. Some of the places I love are Red Beach, Oia (I plan to stay in Oia), and I love doing that hike from Fira to Oia during sunset.What do you love to do in Santorini?

santorini-greece.jpg

Off the beaten track suggestions for Santorini?

I've been completely mesmerized by the postcard photos of Santorini, but beyond the blue domes and the sunsets of Oia, I'm looking to uncover some of the island's best-kept secrets. What do you suggest?

Have you stumbled upon any villages, beaches, or local haunts here that you loved? Or maybe historical sites too? I am just looking to do something different that what is typical.

Views like this wouldn't hurt!

santorini-greece.jpg

Can you spend a week in Santorini?

I will be going to Greece next year and someone I am traveling with is obsessed with photos of Santorini and wants to go.

From what I can gather, most people say just to spend a few days and then move on, but this person is pushing for a longer stay.

Is there enough to do on Santorini so that spending a week or more makes sense? She wants to enjoy the sunsets, the food (I heard the food is better in other parts of Greece), and beaches (I also heard that there aren't as many beaches).

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks lovely, I just feel deep down that a week might be too long.

Best places to eat in Santorini?

I have heard horror stories about the expense of the food in Santorini.

Now, I love Santorini - it's just been a while since I've been.

I don't remember the food being pricy, and I don't remember where to go. Do you have any advice? I want to try some of the authentic Santorini foods.

Truly, it's been at least five years since I have been, if not longer.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back