1 - 6 of 6 Posts

acamp7

I've heard a lot about food tours but I've never gone on one my self. Are there any popular or reputable ones in Crete? I would love to try out the cuisine and check out different local farms/wineries/restaurants etc.

Here are some great resources to find food tours in Crete:

Hope this helps and enjoy Crete!

Greek Food tasting experience near Agios Nikolaos Crete.
inbound487871173210117022.jpg
You will enjoy wine and food and try the variety of Greek elusive tastes. Vegetarian, vegan, mediterranean cuisine is here. Different Greek plates , ‘mezedes” and desserts at the end. Everything you need for a complete vacation is here.
We organize this Greek taste tour with Cretan products. Focusing on the great benefits of the spices and high quality materials that most visitors don't have the opportunity to learn about. Greek cooking offers an incredibly rich and diverse array of foods and beverages that are the culmination of literally thousands of years of living,cooking, and eating. While each Greek meal is fresh and inviting, it is also a trip back through Greece's history. The names of foods, cooking methods, and basic ingredients have changed little over time. Bread, olives (and olive oil), and wine constituted the triptych of the Greek diet for many centuries, just as they do today.
https://faedrabeach.gr/experiences-and-well-being-events/
Experience a mouth-watering selection of the finest local ingredients with friendly service in an amazing seafront setting.
inbound4532863791181762915.jpg
We will make a food tour of 5 Cretan and Greek original dishes on the Beach Faedra restaurant. The dinner is a presentation 5 different particular taste experiences.
For reservations please contact at the Askianos restaurant.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Thanks so much for your post!!! 🇬🇷🇬🇷

Greek Food tasting experience near Agios Nikolaos Crete.
View attachment 655
You will enjoy wine and food and try the variety of Greek elusive tastes. Vegetarian, vegan, mediterranean cuisine is here. Different Greek plates , ‘mezedes” and desserts at the end. Everything you need for a complete vacation is here.
We organize this Greek taste tour with Cretan products. Focusing on the great benefits of the spices and high quality materials that most visitors don't have the opportunity to learn about. Greek cooking offers an incredibly rich and diverse array of foods and beverages that are the culmination of literally thousands of years of living,cooking, and eating. While each Greek meal is fresh and inviting, it is also a trip back through Greece's history. The names of foods, cooking methods, and basic ingredients have changed little over time. Bread, olives (and olive oil), and wine constituted the triptych of the Greek diet for many centuries, just as they do today.
https://faedrabeach.gr/experiences-and-well-being-events/
Experience a mouth-watering selection of the finest local ingredients with friendly service in an amazing seafront setting.
View attachment 656
We will make a food tour of 5 Cretan and Greek original dishes on the Beach Faedra restaurant. The dinner is a presentation 5 different particular taste experiences.
For reservations please contact at the Askianos restaurant.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Great pictures! :) :) :) I miss beautiful Greece, hoping to go back soon

Reactions: Faedra Beach
To find a good food tour I would just ask around. That's what I did, and the tours we did was amazing, and there is no information online about it. They may not eve be doing it anymore...

Tourists Enter A Bus Dressed As... Ancient Greeks!

Too late to travel to Crete in December?

Is it too late to travel to Crete in December? I am going to visit some people for the holidays, but I also want to do some sightseeing.

Someone told me that Crete shuts down in October, but people still live there so it can't possibly be a ghost town.

What shuts down, exactly? Will I still be able to go to museums and stuff this time of year?

Priorities for exploring Chania's old town?

I’m planning a trip to the enchanting old town of Chania and I’ve heard so much about its rich history and vibrant culture. With so many intriguing options, I find myself grappling with where to begin and how to prioritize my time effectively.

For those who have experience of Chania—what would you say should be at the top of my list?

My interests range broadly, from historical landmarks, museums, and art galleries, to culinary delights and local crafts. I’m particularly fascinated by the blend of architectural styles and cultural influences evident in Chania.

Thanks in advance!

chania-crete.jpg

Video Walk Through of Heraklion Archaeological Museum

I am very fascinated by Greek history, particularly form the Minoan Civilization.

I would very much love to visit Crete so that I can learn more and see where it all happened.

I found this video of a museum I would love to visit. You don't need to have the sound turned on, it's really about the images and all you'll hear is background noise. But, I still found it pretty interesting.

Best Beaches with Services on Crete

It's tough for my family to visit beaches that don't have services - like a restaurant, bathrooms, because we are traveling with multiple generations and usually spend the whole day.

Do the following beaches have services? I will be going with my family end of June next year:

- Elafonissi
- Balos
- Matala
- Stalis

I am having a hard time visualizing based on descriptions I am finding online.
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back