1 - 6 of 6 Posts

mastichas09

I wasn't sure which thread to post this in....but im super curious if anyone knows any good Greek clothing brands! I love to support Greek companies

ellinasgolfer0320

No. Generally speaking, Greek clothes are absolute garbage. The best clothes in Greece are worse than the clothes you can buy at target or Walmart. Many companies in Greece will put "made in Greece" but the product is actually made in China.

Save your money and don't buy any clothes or linens from Greece.

If you must, check out: Tsakiris Mallas, Bsb, Toi&Moi... I'm not 100% certain if Toi&Moi is Greek

Last edited:
Reactions: nm1999

nm1999

No. Generally speaking, Greek clothes are absolute garbage. The best clothes in Greece are worse than the clothes you can buy at target or Walmart. Many companies in Greece will put "made in Greece" but the product is actually made in China.

Save your money and don't buy any clothes or linens from Greece.

If you must, check out: Tsakiris Mallas, Bsb, Toi&Moi... I'm not 100% certain if Toi&Moi is Greek
Greece used to have really great shoes, Tsakiris Mallas is pretty popular and makes decent women's shoes but they aren't what they used to be

The Local Favour

Well, it depends on your budget as many Greek fashion brands have gone international and are on the expensive side:

Check our Parthenis, Ioanna Kourbella, Ancient Kallos, Ancient Greek Sandals, Zeus + Dione, Callista Crafts to name a few .
If you search for Greek designers, you will be amazed by the innovation and quality.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

There are also really great Greek visual artists and jewelers. I don’t know any by name but every time I go to Greece I am stunned by the craftsmanship in the small galleries. If you’re in Athens or islands you will find beautiful handmade things

Reactions: linsuelin

k_tsoukalas

Interesting. I have been reading that there are some up and coming Greek fashion designers that are gaining recognition. I read it in Vogue:

There's a Greek designer named Di Petsa who grew up in Athens and is gaining worldwide recognition. Check out her stuff:

She has a genius way of wrapping the body with her clothes. And her stuff is pretty affordable.

Reactions: The Local Favour

Resources for Learning Greek Before Your Trip to Greece

It really does enhance your experience to learn some Greek, or brush up on your existing Greek, before you visit. I thought I would put together a list of some of the best resources I have found - they're all free.

- Duolingo has Greek now - I am not sure how effective it is, but it is free and that alone makes it worth checking out.
- Easy Greek on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/EasyGreekVideos - they have a lot of great content - I love how they interview people on the street
- Podcasts - There are plenty of learn Greek podcasts on both Spotify and through Apple and they are all worth checking out - For example, Easy Greek also has a podcast and there's a good one called "It's All Greek to Me". There are a lot of others.

In addition, you can check out various language programs (these aren't free). I like Pimsleur for conversational Greek, Rosetta Stone is pretty good, Mango, and there are others but those are the ones I have tried.

Which language programs have you used for Greek, and what were your results?

What type of wedding reception is common in Greece?

I am just curious - what types of wedding receptions are common in Greece? For the most part, it looks like the celebrations often take place outside, and there are usually a lot of people there. As I am not Greek and don't have family in Greece, my reception would be pretty small. I don't know what to do!

Greek Table Etiquette?

I haven't really thought of this, but there is a lot of etiquette for dining in the Greek culture. What do you guys think? It looks like there is a lot to think about:

In particular, the section on doing toasts was fascinating. I noticed that just about at every meal, someone is doing a toast. Do you guys have anything to add?

Finding a Wedding Planner in Greece?

I decided to do a destination wedding in Greece. I mentioned in an earlier thread that I am not an Orthodox Christian but have decided on the Athens area because I think there are some great photo opportunities all over the city and it is a bit more accessible. Anyway, I know I need help getting everything organized. How does one go about finding a wedding planner in Greece who can help?

Many Greeks are having their weddings and baptizing their children on the same day

This is becoming more and more popular as people are getting remarried or having children without being married. A few friends of mine have had their weddings and baptizes their children at the same time. It is a new tradition that is gaining popularity, although it is definitely not traditional and some Greek people may frown upon it. Personally, I see no problem in it and I love attending these ceremonies.

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter