1 - 5 of 5 Posts

mastichas09

I wasn't sure which thread to post this in....but im super curious if anyone knows any good Greek clothing brands! I love to support Greek companies

ellinasgolfer0320

No. Generally speaking, Greek clothes are absolute garbage. The best clothes in Greece are worse than the clothes you can buy at target or Walmart. Many companies in Greece will put "made in Greece" but the product is actually made in China.

Save your money and don't buy any clothes or linens from Greece.

If you must, check out: Tsakiris Mallas, Bsb, Toi&Moi... I'm not 100% certain if Toi&Moi is Greek

Last edited:
Reactions: nm1999

nm1999

No. Generally speaking, Greek clothes are absolute garbage. The best clothes in Greece are worse than the clothes you can buy at target or Walmart. Many companies in Greece will put "made in Greece" but the product is actually made in China.

Save your money and don't buy any clothes or linens from Greece.

If you must, check out: Tsakiris Mallas, Bsb, Toi&Moi... I'm not 100% certain if Toi&Moi is Greek
Greece used to have really great shoes, Tsakiris Mallas is pretty popular and makes decent women's shoes but they aren't what they used to be

The Local Favour

Well, it depends on your budget as many Greek fashion brands have gone international and are on the expensive side:

Check our Parthenis, Ioanna Kourbella, Ancient Kallos, Ancient Greek Sandals, Zeus + Dione, Callista Crafts to name a few .
If you search for Greek designers, you will be amazed by the innovation and quality.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

There are also really great Greek visual artists and jewelers. I don’t know any by name but every time I go to Greece I am stunned by the craftsmanship in the small galleries. If you’re in Athens or islands you will find beautiful handmade things

Reactions: linsuelin

My favorite Greek tv shows!

Here are a few must see Greek tv shows :) in no particular order

1. Kafe tis xaras
2. To Nisi
3. Para pente
4. Peninta Peninta
5. Savatogenimenes

Thousands gather for Mikis Theodorakis funeral (Rest In Peace)

As expected, thousands of Greeks gather for Mikis Theodorakis' funeral today in Crete. Greek musician Dimitris Basis sang the sorrowful 1960 composition “Mana Mou Kai Panagia” -- My Mother and Holy

The Greek economy is growing!!

Finally, some good news for the economy of Greece :)

Beautiful Greek/English pop song: Fotia by Evangelia

I just discovered this song even though it was released 1 year ago, its so beautiful

Giannis Antetokounmpo meets with Greek prime minister!!

I loved watching Giannis throughout the playoffs and im so happy that he's getting the recognition he deserves!! And meeting with the prime minister, how cool :) I think it will be very helpful to have Giannis as a cultural ambassador to Greece in the US
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter