1 - 9 of 9 Posts

xmelissaa

My dear friend has a nut allergy, and I noticed that there are so many Greek cookies and desserts with nuts!! Do you have any advice?

Tpebop

Yes Greek yogurt either plain or with fruits.

Reactions: auroracoor1

ellinasgolfer0320

Off the top of my head: profiterol, galaktoboureko, mpougatsa, kormos, loukoumades...

Reactions: auroracoor1

auroracoor1

My dear friend has a nut allergy, and I noticed that there are so many Greek cookies and desserts with nuts!! Do you have any advice?
You mustn't be Greek, because all Greeks have nuts and are nuts.

Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

DavidTheGrate

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Vasilopita - Cake or Tsoureki?

I recently had a debate with a few Greek friends on what a traditional New Years Tsoureki is. My mother always made a tsoureki with the year on it, as do many other's I know. I have friends who make an orange zest cake with powdered sugar...and others that say it doesn't matter as long as it's some type of cake. One girl even said they don't make their sweet at all, they just make a round loaf of bread.

Curious to see what everyone else does. Is it maybe a regional thing?

Simple and smoky grilled octopus thats Greek style

I love grilled octopus. I like to make it with the whole head, and I know that some people don't like to prepare it that way, but I don't like to waste food. I make my octopus using a super simple marinade, just olive oil, lemon, sea salt, oregano, pepper and vinegar.

Grilled-Octopus-720x482.jpg

What are your favorite Greek Christmas recipes? Mine is roast lamb :)

Slow roast lamb is excellent for the winter time! My friends make it all the time during their winter xmas parties, and this is what it looks like.

greek-lamb-recipe-720x480.jpg

What are your favorite Christmas recipes?

Greek style sausage to die for!

Loukanika are so amazing! Greeks really know how to make some of the most juicy and flavourful meat. If anyone has any good restaurants in the Austin, Texas area that they could recommend for some great Greek food and loukanika I would really appreciate it :)
Loukanika-Greek-Sausage-720x480.jpg

Another dish idea! Pan fried chicken breast with lemon pasta

This is a little twist on an Italian dish with Greek flavors. I love lemon, oregano and garlic, so I decided to make it into a healthy pasta with chicken breast that’s lightly fried in olive oil. What do you think? 😊

3D0D4FA5-0210-4053-9BFF-E99C11595070.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter