1 - 3 of 3 Posts

asd345

Hi,

or oeconomica, its Ökonomik in German. He sees this a as what we would call working economy, all/most get better.
The opposite for him is capitalism, a few get better, most get worse. I am looking for the word for this. Itis something like Thanatomia, from Thanatos, death.
Not "Chrematistik", being able to enrich yourself. Thanks!

Any ideas?

Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

Hi,

or oeconomica, its Ökonomik in German. He sees this a as what we would call working economy, all/most get better.
The opposite for him is capitalism, a few get better, most get worse. I am looking for the word for this. Itis something like Thanatomia, from Thanatos, death.
Not "Chrematistik", being able to enrich yourself. Thanks!

Any ideas?
Can you elaborate more, Im not sure I understand. Are you looking for a specific word in Greek?

asd345

Hi, yes, the greek word for capitalism aristotle used.

The Greek debt crisis explained

Im not sure if this is the best representation because im not an economist, but just something to help others get a better idea of what happened in 2008 and what Greece is recovering from. We've been through a lot as a culture and a country but we've remained so strong!

The history of building with stone in Greece

As you may have noticed, many houses in Greece are built with stone (as you'll see in the picture below). Historically, houses in Greece were built with stone because it was readily available and very sturdy. Stone also keeps the houses cool, which is a big problem because it can get very hot and dry in Greece

stone-house-greece1-720x540.jpg

Theodoros Kolokotronis was the leader of Greek independence

I remember learning about Kolokotronis in Greek school. He was one of the most pivotal figures in the Greek independence movement. He was a general, politician, and a leading advisor to the Greek independence movement. If anyone has any documentaries about him, please share I would love to watch them

Theodoros-Kolokotronis-720x971.jpg

Who was Ioannis Metaxas?

Ioannis Metaxas was the Prime Minister of Greece from 1936 to 1941. History looks at him as a general and dictator, but that may not necessarily give the whole picture. Sure, for the first four months of his stint as prime minister he did govern Greece with the constitution in mind. Yes, he eventually abandoned the constitution and formed the 4th of August Regime, but just looking at these events only gives part of the story. Here’s more detail into the life and career Ioannis Metaxas, one of the most recognizable names in modern Greek history. To say the least, the guy was HUGE in Greece!

UNESCO Calls on UK to ‘Reconsider’ Returning Parthenon Marbles to Greece .

Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter