1 - 4 of 4 Posts

auroracoor1

Assos is one of the best spots to visit in Kefalonia because you get a small town village vibe but its right by the water!

Kefalonia-720x480.jpg

Reactions: acamp7

k_tsoukalas

This is STUNNING. It's so pretty! I will definitely be adding this to my list next time I visit Greece.

phyll

This is STUNNING. It's so pretty! I will definitely be adding this to my list next time I visit Greece.
Fabulous place only travelled through it but would love to spend a few days here perfect place to relax

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

Fabulous place only travelled through it but would love to spend a few days here perfect place to relax
If you do I recommend Odyssey boutique hotel!

Check out Agia Efimia, Kefalonia

Agia Efimia is a small village on the coast of Kefalonia with amazing beaches and restaurants and hotels. One of the most highly rated restaurants in the village is To Steki, which means "the hangout." The food is so fresh and I highly recommend that you visit after spending some time at the beach :)

Weather in October in kefelonia

Hi there would like to visit during the uk half term from 21st October but could you tell me what the weather is usually like and if the bars and restaurants are still open at this time of year. Thank you

Have you been to the Monastery of Themata in Kefalonia?

This monastery is one of the oldest landmarks on the island. I was so shocked to find out that it was originally built in 1096. It has been restored over time, of course, but much of the monastery remains in good condition. The name behind the monastery is debated, and its true origin is actually unknown. I've never been, but I have been doing a little bit of research about the monastery and I'm considering a visit when I go to Kefalonia this year. Has anyone on the forum been to the monastery or perhaps the nearby area of Agia Dinati Mountain?

Check out this beautiful traditional Greek music and dance in Kefalonia

This is some of the most beautiful Greek traditional music and dance that I have seen. If anyone knows the name of the actual song and the type of dance, please let me know. I hope that one day I'll be able to visit the island and join in on one of the celebrations. I'm not even sure what they're celebrating, but it looks great. If anyone has more information on the video, I would love to know.

Hiking up Mount Ainos in Kefalonia

This is one of the best hikes you can do on the island, and in the region for sure. It can be a bit difficult for those who aren't experienced, so I do recommend that you hike in a group or with a tour guide. Of course, you don't have to hike all the way up and you can travel part of the way by car. What's important is that you enjoy the views and you do as much as you can. This video showcases the stunning views for anyone who is interested in going.

Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter