1 - 1 of 1 Posts

dubai_suzie

Just look at how peaceful and secluded this beach is! I went a while back while visiting a friend in Corfu and it was one of the best places on the island. I really recommend it!

Canal-DAmour-Beach-Corfu-720x480.jpeg

Reactions: Vangelis

What other islands are near Corfu?

I've heard that slands like Paxos, Antipaxos, and Erikoussa, might be close to Corfu but I'm curious to learn more from you guys. What are these islands like? Are they easily accessible from Corfu? What unique attractions, beaches, or cultural experiences do they offer? If these islands aren't close, can you think of ones that are?

I want to island hop a bit this summer, and I am trying to decide if Corfu is a good home base or if I should consider another island.

Visiting Corfu off the Beaten Track?

I'm currently planning my itinerary for a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu, and while I've got all the major sights on my list, I'm particularly interested in those special "off the beaten path" spots that only the locals know about or seasoned travelers have stumbled upon.

I'm looking to explore the less commercialized areas, serene beaches, quaint villages, or any unique cultural spots that offer an authentic experience beyond the typical tourist attractions.

Does anyone have any personal favorites or undiscovered spots in Corfu they'd be willing to share? I'd love to hear about hidden beaches, local eateries or tavernas, and lesser-known trails or sights worth visiting.

Video Tour of Corfu

When I am about to visit a destination, I like to watch video content.

It has been a while since I have been to Corfu. I kept trying to go, but it keeps falling through.

Ignore the several-minutes long plug for a product! That part I know was necessary because they were a sponsor.

Once you get through that the content is good!

Weather in Corfu Question

I am going to Corfu soon - maybe in about three weeks (mid-September).

What is the weather like? I have never been there...

I know on islands like Crete it's still pretty warm in mid September with beach weather. That island is further south than Corfu. Does it make a huge difference? I will be going to Crete, too, so I am trying to figure out how to pack.

Unesco World Heritage Sites of Corfu

I'm currently planning a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu and I'm keen on visiting some of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites that are located there. Being a bit of a history buff, I believe that exploring these sites can give me a deeper understanding of the island's cultural heritage and historical significance.

Could anyone here share more information about the UNESCO site on Corfu? Is there only one? The Corfu Old Town? What should I prioritize to see in Old Town?

Thanks!
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back