1 - 4 of 4 Posts

greek_ggirl

Not only Mykonos has windmills! You can find these super cute stone windmills in Crete at the Windmills of Lasithi Plateau. These are right by the Lasithi Plateau near Spathi mountain in Crete! I wish I had pictures to post but I haven't been myself, just heard of them by word of mouth

greekgal77

Not only Mykonos has windmills! You can find these super cute stone windmills in Crete at the Windmills of Lasithi Plateau. These are right by the Lasithi Plateau near Spathi mountain in Crete! I wish I had pictures to post but I haven't been myself, just heard of them by word of mouth
Yup, I bumped into some while on the road driving from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos. They dot the countryside. We stopped in a small village and walked around when we saw there were a few in that area. I forget the name of the village, but there are a lot in the general area.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Lasithi Crete is such a gorgeous place to visit!

Here is more information about the windmills in Lassithi, Greece:

Attachments

• lassithi-greece-720x480.jpeg
    lassithi-greece-720x480.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 2

k_tsoukalas

Yes! I have seen them. There's a small village named Vrouhas that has some... I like to rent a car and ride around in that whole area...

Crete is under a mini lockdown!

Crete has a lot of covid cases and is currently under a small lockdown. There are a few restrictions in places like no music and there is a curfew in Heraklion. Everyone please beware this can possibly deter some travel plans

Beautiful live music in Crete!

This is Crete ❤️

How to explore Crete on horseback

This looks so amazing to me, I will definitely try this if I go to Crete anytime soon

Things to Check Out in Hersonissos Crete

My top picks are Star Beach Waterpark, Labyrinth Theme Park, Aquaworld Aquarium, bike tour of Hersonissos, and finally exploring the nightlife. :)

Nine parties interested in Iraklio Port |

Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter