1 - 1 of 1 Posts

kcixcy

I used to make it, but I don't know where my recipe went and I never had it memorized. I plan to make it with beef. I recall we used a bunch of different spices. The main issue is the I can't remember the spice combination. Also, I used to make it in a pressure cooker but I no longer have one. I am assuming it's okay to do it on the stove?

Thinking about street food in Athens ...

I am planning a girls trip to Athens and there is a woman we are traveling with who absolutely LOVES exploring street food. So, I told her I would ask you guys for recommendations. I know to watch out for gyros, souvlaki, pita, street corn, chestnuts (I know the corn and chestnuts are seasonal and I don't quite know when we are visiting yet. It's a big group and a lot of moving parts lol).

I am looking for not only what to look out for in terms of food, but also if you have recommendations as to a location where they have the best. Thank you in advance!

Anyone have a good koulouri recipe?

Is making koulouri a simple matter of making a regular bread dough and then forming it into rings? I loooove koulouri when I go to Greece, and I am unfortunately not always able to get to Greece. I need a way to make this at home.

I love the type with the sesame seeds, and I also love the sweet ones. How do you make those? Can I make like a tsoureki but form it into instead?

Does anyone have a good stifado recipe?

I used to make it, but I don't know where my recipe went and I never had it memorized. I plan to make it with beef. I recall we used a bunch of different spices. The main issue is the I can't remember the spice combination. Also, I used to make it in a pressure cooker but I no longer have one. I am assuming it's okay to do it on the stove?

I want to make Domatakeftedes at home...

I saw a recipe in a Greek cookbook somewhere called "Domatakeftedes" or tomato croquettes. It looked delicious, but I can't find it!

Does anyone know of any good recipes? I love tomatoes, and I had this dish once somewhere and thought it was amazing. From what I understand it's a specialty on Santorini? Thanks for your help!

What if I don't have Greek yogurt?

I don't always have Greek yogurt on hand. I tend not to keep it in the fridge and only buy it when I need it. I do, however, tend to have plain, regular yogurt.

Can I substitute that in recipes if I make something Greek at the last minute?

I have heard of some people straining it through cheesecloth. If you guys recommend I do that, How long does it need to strain?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube