1 - 5 of 5 Posts

francescool

Gosh I love this place! When have you ever seen an airport with so much greenery and a view of the mountains!! Cheers, I'm just starting my vacation to Greece now and will be posting soooo many pictures :)

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 9.50.17 AM.png

Thanks for sharing, we look forward to seeing your photos from Greece!

And I agree, best feeling is arriving in Athens at the airport :)

IMG_6987-720x540.jpeg

Reactions: francescool
Gosh I love this place! When have you ever seen an airport with so much greenery and a view of the mountains!! Cheers, I'm just starting my vacation to Greece now and will be posting soooo many pictures :)

View attachment 556
Too true, have used this Airport more times than I can remember, around there are the local vineyards, great wines come from that area Loutsa and Pikermi,we used to look forward to that bus journey to Rafina and that feeling of returning to Mana mu Elllada is unforgettable! Thanks for the image!....🤗❤️❤️❣️

Reactions: francescool
Too true, have used this Airport more times than I can remember, around there are the local vineyards, great wines come from that area Loutsa and Pikermi,we used to look forward to that bus journey to Rafina and that feeling of returning to Mana mu Elllada is unforgettable! Thanks for the image!....🤗❤️❤️❣️
Ooooh these wines sound lovely, I will definitely be checking them out on my trip

Reactions: Hash
It's such a pretty airport, I agree! Can't wait to see more of your pics.

What I love about visiting Athens

I am planning another trip to Greece and plan to go to Athens. I have been so many times! I thought I would share with you what I love about it.

• The Acropolis: Standing majestically above the city, the Acropolis is an iconic symbol of ancient Greece. The Parthenon, Erechtheion, and Temple of Athena Nike are awe-inspiring examples of classical architecture.
  • Plaka District: Wandering through the narrow streets of Plaka feels like stepping back in time. This charming neighborhood is filled with neoclassical buildings, quaint cafes, and souvenir shops.
  • Sunset at Lycabettus Hill: Watching the sunset from Lycabettus Hill offers panoramic views of the city and the Aegean Sea. It's a magical experience, especially when accompanied by live music at the hilltop chapel.
  • Monastiraki Flea Market: Bargain hunting at Monastiraki Flea Market is a must-do in Athens. You can find everything from antiques and handmade crafts to clothing and jewelry.
  • Street Art in Exarchia: The Exarchia neighborhood is known for its vibrant street art scene. Exploring its graffiti-covered streets is like visiting an open-air art gallery filled with political statements and creative expressions.
To those of you who have been to Athens, what do you love about it? I am looking for ideas!

athens-greece.jpg

Taking the Ferry to Mykonos?

I am planning a trip for Greece next year to Greece. I usually fly into Athens and then fly into a place like Santorini or Mykonos from there.

I plan to go to Mykonos next summer and I am kind of sick of flying.

Is the ferry situation easy from Piraeus? Is this a better option than airplanes?

Someone told me I could wait until the last minute and buy the tickets that day, but I am not sure I feel comfortable with that...

Tips for saving money in Athens?

I'm planning a trip to Athens and though I'm excited, I'm also trying to be mindful of my budget. The charm of historical sites like the Acropolis, the Plaka district, and experiencing the vibrant Greek culture is something I cannot put a price tag on. However, I am looking for ways to stretch my euros further while enjoying what Athens has to offer.

Does anyone have tips or personal experiences to share on saving money while traveling in Athens?

athens-greece.jpg

Fun Side Trips While Staying in Athens

I've been to Athens. I have done side trips from Athens. Still, I love Rick Steve's work and I found this interesting! He visited some of the places I've seen, but frankly, he made me want to see them again. This was a fun watch!

One of the places I haven't been that he mentioned is Hydra. Such a cool-looking place.

Unique Photo Spots in Athens?

I will be traveling to Athens this year in the spring. What are some great photo spots throughout the city? Aside from what inspires me?

I have a bad habit of forgetting to take pics while away and I come back from the vacation with a random collection. This time, I want to do some advanced planning. Some of my ideas:

- Parthenon/ Acropolis - A shot with people and the Parthenon in the background
- Food photos - plenty of shots with people - and table shots - and of myself - eating the delicious food
- Monastiraki - This place is full of life - there could be some great candid shots

Do you guys have any ideas?
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back