1 - 2 of 2 Posts

xmelissaa

I'm feeling a little nostalgic today. My favorite Greek game is tavli (I love playing with Grandpa)! What is yours?

tavli.jpeg

nadellii

I loved playing krifto (hide and go seek)! The rules are a bit different in Greece, and it was always so fun to play with my cousins in the village. So many good memories :)

How can I have a COVID safe baptism?

I was asked to be a nona (godmother), and I'm helping my best friend plan the baptism for her firstborn son. We're so excited but we want a lot of her family members to be present. I know technically baptisms are supposed to be held inside the church, but has anyone heard of baptisms being outside? She's planning on having the baptism in Greece, and the weather will most likely be very nice. Does anyone know if this is possible?

What are some old Easter traditions?

I'm curious...are there any older Easter traditions that we don't practice anymore? Has Easter always been celebrated with the lamb, Anastasi and egg cracking?

Favorite Greek games?

I'm feeling a little nostalgic today. My favorite Greek game is tavli (I love playing with Grandpa)! What is yours?

tavli.jpeg

Tips on fasting for sarakosti (lent)?

Hey everyone, I usually don't fast before Easter but I'd like to try this year. Does anyone have any tips for a beginner?

How much money is acceptable for a Greek baptism gift?

I'm going to a Greek baptism this summer in Athens and I was wondering how much money is normal for a baptism gift. I've been to many baptisms before but my family is Catholic so I don't know how Greek baptisms are different.

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter