1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Hash

Reactions: greek_ggirl
Please take appropriate advice before traveling to these parts....it is not advisable to do so!🇬🇷
Thanks for sharing!! Everyone should be stay away from farmland and open fields as well, and keep an eye on the news

Reactions: Hash

Is Marathon a good day trip from Athens?

I've been planning an itinerary for my upcoming trip to Athens, and I've always been fascinated by the historical significance of Marathon. Considering its role in ancient history and the famous battle that took place there, it seems like a place that might be worth a visit.

However, I'm on the fence about dedicating a whole day trip to Marathon. From what I understand, it isn’t too far from Athens, but I'm trying to weigh up whether the experience is worthy compared to spending that time exploring more within the city itself.

Has anyone made the day trip to Marathon from Athens? Was it an enriching experience, and what are the can't-miss sights? Is the archeological site/museum there engaging enough for a history buff? Also, how about the logistics – is it easy to get to by public transport, or would you suggest renting a car or going with a tour?

I am just trying to decide if it's worth it, or if I should plan to stay overnight. Thanks!

marathon-greece.jpg

Canyoning Bled Slovenia

Hi guys!!
I'm planning to take a group canyoning Bled but apparently, it is obligatory to use a local guide. I am a canyon instructor (caf and ffme), is this enough to supervise without anyone else? I have several years of experience (climbing and canyoning) and it is obvious that I will not be able to offer this destination if it is not possible.
Thanks in advance

When does tourist season end in Greece?

I am planning my next Greek trip.

I want to go in October but the people I am traveling with - we won't be able to to go until mid-October.

I have been to Crete that late in the year and to Athens, but not anywhere else. On our schedule is to visit some of the smaller islands, like Hydra.

Do places like that shut down? My main concern is, will the tourist shops be closed? I love to browse through them and it's part of my enjoyment.

Visiting Delphi worth it?

I am trying to figure out if visiting Delphi is worth it. I want to fit seeing as many historical sites as I can into my itinerary. I've always been fascinated by ancient cultures and their histories, which naturally puts places like Athens and Santorini on my list. Recently, I've been reading up on Delphi and am intrigued by its significant historical and cultural value, not to mention its picturesque landscapes.

Given its status as the center of the world in ancient Greek civilization and the home of the famous oracle, it sounds like a place full of fascinating stories and ruins. However, I'm also aware that Greece is full of remarkable places to visit, each with its unique allure.

Cycladic Islands in Greece 'Threatened by Surge in Tourism!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back