1 - 4 of 4 Posts

mastichas09

Megalochori is one of Santorini's most beautiful villages! You can't visit the island without walking around and seeing the sights. When visiting, be careful of the residents who are staying there. Santorini has had a problem with people walking on the buildings and making too much noise. Yes it is a very touristy place but there are many residents that still live there. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing this video! Having just been to Santorini a few weeks ago this video is great, but does not even come close to capturing the beauty of Santorini!

IMG_2051.jpg

Reactions: Vangelis
Of all the places I have been on Santorini, somehow I missed this village. I will make it a point to go next time!

This is sooo pretty! I ended up in this village the last time I visited the island!

Best places to eat in Santorini?

I have heard horror stories about the expense of the food in Santorini.

Now, I love Santorini - it's just been a while since I've been.

I don't remember the food being pricy, and I don't remember where to go. Do you have any advice? I want to try some of the authentic Santorini foods.

Truly, it's been at least five years since I have been, if not longer.

Atlantis Theory of Santorini - Question

I'm intrigued by the theory that Santorini could be the location of Atlantis, as described by Plato. The history, the archaeological sites, and the unique geology of the island seem to offer clues worth exploring.

1. Atlantis Theory: For those of you well-versed in the Atlantis theory regarding Santorini, could you share your insights or any interesting pieces of evidence that link the island to the legend? Are there specific sites that hint at this ancient mystery?
  2. Must-Visit Spots: Beyond the Atlantis connection, I'd love recommendations for must-visit spots on the island. I'm particularly interested in places that offer not just stunning visuals but also a piece of the island's rich history and culture.
  3. Travel Tips: Any travel tips for a first-time visitor to Santorini? Best times of the year to visit, places to stay, culinary experiences not to miss, and tips for navigating around the island would be greatly appreciated!
  4. Personal Stories: And of course, I’d love to hear any personal stories or unique experiences you had while visiting Santorini. Especially if it relates to the lore and allure of Atlantis!
I am curious what you guys think of all this!

santorini-greece.jpg

View the natural and unique geography of Santorini

I love visiting Santorini because to me, it's physically beautiful. I find it enchanting because of how unique the landscape is.

About 3,600 years ago, the island experienced a colossal volcanic event, known as the Minoan eruption. This event was so massive that it significantly altered the landscape, creating the caldera—a giant central lagoon surrounded by high cliffs on three sides. The eruption also played a pivotal role in shaping the ancient civilizations of the area.

Santorini's geological wonders don't stop at the caldera. The island boasts unique beaches with varying colors of sand and pebbles—red, black, and white—thanks to its volcanic nature. Visiting these beaches is like stepping onto another planet.

So, I plan to go again this year and check it out. Some of the places I love are Red Beach, Oia (I plan to stay in Oia), and I love doing that hike from Fira to Oia during sunset.What do you love to do in Santorini?

santorini-greece.jpg

Oia Santorini Sunset Cruise

I found this video of a sunset cruise in Oia on Santorini and I am intrigued! I'll share the video, and I am curious if any of you have tried this. I had a terrible experience fighting for a standing spot last time I was in Oia.

Can you spend a week in Santorini?

I will be going to Greece next year and someone I am traveling with is obsessed with photos of Santorini and wants to go.

From what I can gather, most people say just to spend a few days and then move on, but this person is pushing for a longer stay.

Is there enough to do on Santorini so that spending a week or more makes sense? She wants to enjoy the sunsets, the food (I heard the food is better in other parts of Greece), and beaches (I also heard that there aren't as many beaches).

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks lovely, I just feel deep down that a week might be too long.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back