1 - 2 of 2 Posts

dpappas87

This process is just so cool

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great video!

Here is a list of great recipes that use Feta as a main ingredient:

We made xoriatiko (village) sausage on the souvla!

One of the best parts about visiting Greece is being able to get high quality and local ingredients and cooking them yourself! We got these sausages from the local butcher and cooked them up ourselves :) I believe each village and butcher has their own style of seasoning and preparing the meat. These ones were a little bit fiery and super flavorful

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 10.38.06 PM.png

What fruits and veggies are in season right now in Greece?

I need to know what I should be getting from the laiki! What is the best of the best right now? Thanks :)

If you are ordering for a group, order pikilia!!

Pikilia means ordering a little bit of everything on a plate. Last night we ordered meat pikilia and it was perfect for a crowd :)

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.57.45 PM.png

How authentic Greek feta is made

This process is just so cool

How to make Greek style sun dried tomatoes

These are also known as liastes domates tiganites, and this is how you make them

Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup beer
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped shallot or onion
  • 3 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
  • 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh dill
  • 1/4 cup grated Greek cheese, such as myzithra, kefalotiri, or Romano
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Olive oil, for frying
  • 12 oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained on absorbent paper towels
Directions
Add the beer and flour to a medium-sized bowl and whisk until a smooth, thick batter forms. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the onion, parsley, dill, and cheese until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.

Add 1 1/2 inches of olive oil to a skillet and heat on medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit when measured on a cooking thermometer, such as a candy thermometer. Deep each tomato into the batter until the whole tomato is submerged. Place in the oil and repeat the process until all the tomatoes are used. You may need to cook this in batches. Cook in the oil until all sides of the tomato are golden brown. You’ll want to flip each side once halfway through the cooking process to let the underside cook. Total, each sun dried tomato should take 3-5 minutes to cook.

Remove from the skillet and place on paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste, if desired.

I got the recipe from https://www.greekboston.com/food/liastes-domates-tiganites-recipe/
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter