1 - 2 of 2 Posts

blopez34

What is the etiquette for greeting someone when you first meet them in Greece? I want to make sure to be as appropriate as possible

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

It depends on the persons gender, your relationship to the person you're greeting, how traditional they are, and how old they are. It's sort of tricky to understand if you haven't been around Greeks for a very long time. The safest bet is to shake hands or to shake hands and kiss on the cheek simultaneously

Why do Greeks smash plates?

I never really understood this concept....can someone explain it to me?

How to dance Ikariotiko!

Thanks to this amazing person who uploaded this video! So helpful :)

How do Greeks greet each other?

What is the etiquette for greeting someone when you first meet them in Greece? I want to make sure to be as appropriate as possible

How much of modern Greek traditions are based in ancient Greece?

I wonder how much of modern Greek culture is based on the Byzantine and Ottoman empire and how much is from ancient Greece. I'm not Greek but my husband is and I'm trying to learn more about the culture, any help and opinions from all of you have been super helpfuL!

Have any of you traced your family tree or taken a DNA test?

My family is Armenian but I know we have many Greek family members. Have any of you traced your family history? I would love to hear any stories that you have

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter