1 - 4 of 4 Posts

toniiv

Tztaziki is one of the easiest recipes to make and its so tasty and great for dipping crackers, bread, or veggies! You need to start with Greek strained yogurt that super thick and then add one clove of garlic, two tablespoons of olive oil, two large spoonfuls of shredded and strained cucumber, the juice of one lemon, and salt and pepper to taste. Depending on where you get your ingredients from, you might need to adjust the recipe to your taste. Happy cooking!

Reactions: Vangelis

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a good recipe for Tzatziki:

454158809-376x220.jpeg

Reactions: Hash

Hash

k_tsoukalas

I love making my own tzatziki. Thank you for sharing the recipe! I find that I love this with the authentic, creamy Greek yogurt, and if I can't find that, I strain regular yogurt through a cheesecloth. However, I don't prefer the strained version necessarily because it has a different flavor.

How to make lamb gyros at home

There are two different ways to make lamb gyros. Gyro's are traditionally made of ground meat that is packed onto a skewer and cooked on a rotation. You can make this at home by seasoning and letting ground lamb set in a pan in the fridge. After that you can slice it in pieces and cook it on a pan so it gives it a gyro effect. I prefer buying a fresh leg of lamb and cooking it in the oven so its crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. After that, just throw it in the pita with all of the toppings that you prefer.

Loukoumades are the best shareable dessert

Loukoumades are Greek balls of fried dough covered in honey or syrup and cinnamon. Nowadays, there are many different variations and you can order these with Nutella, pistachio, and different sweets on top. Sometimes I like to get mine with ice cream as well. They’re perfect for sharing, and kids love them!
7D7AAAE2-F09F-4E5C-A1B1-C8DD3D9E82DF.jpeg

Xoriatiki or village salad is the best!

This salad is a classic! It’s customary to order this at every single meal in Greece. It perfectly balanced the heavier meat and potato dishes. It’s always so good and I highly recommend that you order it. I just had this one, it’s a little more modern style but the flavors are the same. 😊
946D0E9B-7534-4C16-A034-22FE36ED191A.jpeg

How to make simple Greek salad dressing

Greek salad dressing is so simple! That's why I don't recommend that people buy it at the store. Making it at home is much cheaper, and also much healthier. First, you need to start with one cup of olive oil, half a cup of lemon juice, half a cup of red wine vinegar, and mix it all together. Then, add half of a cooked and chopped garlic clove and salt and pepper to taste. The recipe is really that simple. It can last a very long time and doesn't need to be refrigerated.

This is how to make a Greek omelette

This recipe is a classic all over Greek American diner's. It's also super healthy, and super easy to make! I have copy and pasted the ingredients from the video so it's easier for you to follow along.

2 t. olive oil
½ c. white mushrooms (sliced)
½ c. baby spinach
¼ c. crumbled feta cheese
6 sun dried tomatoes (chopped
1 avocado (sliced)
Sprig fresh thyme
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1 T. milk per egg
1 T. butter

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter