1 - 2 of 2 Posts

efhernandez_

First, remove the tough outer leaves of the artichokes and cut off part of the stems. Cut off about 1 inch from the tips. Cut artichokes in half lengthwise and scoop out the choke. Drop into boiling salted water seasoned with the juice of one lemon and one tablespoon olive oil. You may also roast the artichokes in the oven as shown in the picture . Cook for 30 minutes or until tender. Serve with a dressing of 1/2 cup olive oil and 4 tablespoons lemon juice, which is about the juice of 1 lemon. This is a super simple recipe and its not like your typical "salad." A salad in Greece can just be marinated vegetables.

Artichokes-720x960.jpg

k_tsoukalas

I love artichokes, but it does take a bit to get the method down for making them. The hardest part is knowing how to clean the artichoke in order to grill or steam it. I also love them marinated!

Beautiful lamb shank and lavraki

This dinner was absolutely exquisite! It was a lovely roasted lamb shake, with small pieces of pasta. We also ordered a grilled lavraki which was one of the best I’ve ever had in my life. I just can’t get enough of Greek food, it’s always so fresh and cooked to perfection. Greetings from my holiday!

4E56A3F5-DF7F-4E6F-A638-4EF884F6BC87.jpeg

Loukoumades are the best shareable dessert

Loukoumades are Greek balls of fried dough covered in honey or syrup and cinnamon. Nowadays, there are many different variations and you can order these with Nutella, pistachio, and different sweets on top. Sometimes I like to get mine with ice cream as well. They’re perfect for sharing, and kids love them!
7D7AAAE2-F09F-4E5C-A1B1-C8DD3D9E82DF.jpeg

Frappe by the beach 🤩

Greetings to all of my friends! I was just at the beach today enjoying a tasty frappe! Will continue to post about my trip! 😊

8D58A61B-BAD0-451D-9E55-1F86F6776AD0.jpeg

Greek snacks to bring on your road trip

There are so many Greek snacks that you could bring on your trips and road trips this summer! The first one that I recommend is spanakopita of course. This is a classic and will never disappoint. Other types of pitas are great as well such as tiropita and kreatopita. For sweet snacks I recommend pasteli, papadopoulos cookies and rice pudding. You can buy all of these on the go in Greece if you're on a road trip in Crete or on the mainland and you can also make them at home to bring along.

Have you ever tried Cypriot kolokotes (squash turnovers)

These turnovers are soooo good but a little hard to come by. They are made with squash and cinnamon and sugar. Some variations also have raisins and cloves. It really depends on your taste.

9439B0AD-CD5F-4358-BD7E-4E7EBFCAFD0D.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter