1 - 2 of 2 Posts

xmelissaa

This is such a light and refreshing dish!! Here's how to make it
  • 4 tablespoons Greek olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped into small pieces
  • 1 cup bulgur wheat
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 medium tomatoes, sliced (remove the cores)
  • 3 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
  • 1 tablespoons fresh lemon zest, from one whole lemon
  • Juice of one whole lemon
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Black pepper, to taste
All you need to do is finely chop everything and toss in the dressing!

Pligouri-Salata-720x480.jpg

Reactions: Jawge

k_tsoukalas

I love salads that include wheat. The combination of flavors look delicious. I really love the use of lemon in this recipe!

How to make béchamel sauce! You can put this in anything

Bechamel sauce is a French sauce that is commonly used in Greek dishes like pastitsio, moussaka and papoutsakia. It is a rich, creamy sauce that pairs really well with ground meat sauce and pasta. You can use it for traditional Greek dishes, French dishes or even make up your own dish. One time when I had extra béchamel, I made some pasta and used it as a sauce with some sprinkled cheese. It was sooo good!

Check out this amazing Greek olive bread recipe!

Greek olive bread is one of my favorite breads!! It's so unique and adds a lot of flavor to your typical table bread. You can use your existing bread recipe and simply add your favourite type of olives to it or you can use this recipe that is specifically made to taste great with olives. I like to use kalamata, but that's just my preference. Kalamata olives are probably the most traditional and popular olives.

How do you preserve your family recipes?

One of the most cherished things in my household is my mom's binder of old recipes preserved in clear plastic film. My mom has kept all of our family recipes in the original form which is old paper that is yellowing and in my grandmas handwriting. Because I am paranoid, I have taken pictures of all of the recipes and taken pictures of each recipe and uploaded them to the cloud so that I have a backup in case the binder gets lost. I urge everyone to write all of their family recipes down if you don't have them already!!

How to make unique sesame biscuits!

These are a unique version of the classic koulourakia! They are shaped in a unique curly circle with sesame seeds on top to add a pop of savoy flavor. Have any of you tried making these type of Koulourakia before or know what region of Greece they come from?

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter