1 - 1 of 1 Posts

greek_ggirl

Branzino is one of my favourite dishes ever! I like to go to the fish market and get the freshest fish possible and ask the fish mongers which fish has been caught most recently. If you don't have access to fresh fish, I recommend getting fish that is frozen fresh or getting wild caught fish. Farm raised is definitely the last choice. Anyways, check out this recipe!

How to make dakos (Cretan salad)

This salad is one of the most unique salads hands down! The idea of using dry bread might seem a bit off putting but it tastes amazing when it gets juicy from the juice of the tomatoes and the salad. Imagine this salad as the best bits at the bottom of your xoriatiki salad that you dip bread in! Its truly a delight and totally worth making the trip to the Greek supermarket for.

How to make roasted branzino

Branzino is one of my favourite dishes ever! I like to go to the fish market and get the freshest fish possible and ask the fish mongers which fish has been caught most recently. If you don't have access to fresh fish, I recommend getting fish that is frozen fresh or getting wild caught fish. Farm raised is definitely the last choice. Anyways, check out this recipe!

This is how taramasalata is made!

Taramosalata is one of those dips that's a bit mystifying. Many people really don't know what's in it (caviar and bread mostly) but we all know that it tastes amazing! There are varying qualities, and depending on how expensive or local the taramasalata is, its going to have different consistencies and taste. I like to go with your standard Krinos taramasalata that I get at the Greek supermarket but you can even make your own if you want a much fresher taste.

Greek steak, rice and salad!

This is one of my favorite meals! Marinated steak tips with lemon, garlic and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. I made rice using wild rice with a chicken boullion cube for extra flavor. The salad is a super simple Greek style salad with lettuce and I added avocado for the extra nutrients. Stin igeia mas! 1B376B07-FFBB-421A-9F37-1868EF4B7E17.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter