1 - 4 of 4 Posts

knicks_fan87

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to see all of the nightlife in Mykonos when I visit this summer, but I am a little concerned about the noise level at night past 2 am. Is it still noisy at this time? I don't stay out too too late, and I would love to be able to get some sleep after I come back home from the day. What is everyones experience? And is every area noisy? Or is the nightlife located in a central place that is easy to avoid when booking a hotel? Thank you in advance!!

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to see all of the nightlife in Mykonos when I visit this summer, but I am a little concerned about the noise level at night past 2 am. Is it still noisy at this time? I don't stay out too too late, and I would love to be able to get some sleep after I come back home from the day. What is everyones experience? And is every area noisy? Or is the nightlife located in a central place that is easy to avoid when booking a hotel? Thank you in advance!!
Ok so avoid Paraga Platis Yialos beach front (very nice behind a little distance from the beach)...... avoid Paradise Beach area, Super Paradise Beach,Panormos?...No not every area is noisy..... Have you searched anywhere you like?...I used to live in Mykonos for many years.... Let me know and see if I can help you!..

Reactions: kcixcy

kcixcy

I recommend staying far away from the beaches, that's where most of the parties are held

k_tsoukalas

I recommend staying far away from the beaches, that's where most of the parties are held
I agree - and a hotel away from the main beaches like Super Paradise where much of the party is concentrated. If you're close but not super close, you can enjoy the nightlife without it driving you nuts while you try to sleep. It can get crazy! But it's concentrated to those beaches.

A historical excursion of Mykonos!

Mykonos: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/archive.htm?shr=a19429uPmkx
I haven't read anywhere as accurate and superbly presented article of Mykonos as this one!......I love the bit which reads "It was, however during these times a rather poor island with limited agricultural resources "😂😂.... only now it is the most priciest rock in the world!..... costing upwards€25,000 per sq metre.....and as far as I know from a few years back....the requirements to build a house was 4000 sq metres!.....and business development over 10,000 Sq metres..... Enjoy reading this...
I used a lot of information on my Guided Island Tours of Mykonos...so the history and facts are accurate!A pleasure to post this for readers to enjoy having lived and worked in Tourism Industry for many years!❤️❤️Saga poh Mykonou mu!❤️

Mykonos branded as holiday notspot!

This is by the far the most negative publicity which Mykonos is receiving this year by the media this year!

Mykonos And Santorini Experience Decline In Tourist Traffic!

Visitors Share Disappointing Reviews https://greekcitytimes.com/2023/06/...traffic-visitors-share-disappointing-reviews/
This is surprising and looking at another way not surprising!... long time coming... There are many negative reviews and justifiably so, influencers (not all them)are a force to reckon with these days with experienced traveller's disappointment.There is a fine line between out/over pricing and value for money!
International arrivals in April 2023
Country Total: +14.6%
Mykonos: -29%
Santorini: -6.4%
Rhodes: +31.2%
Thessaloniki: +26.8%
Athens: +17.4%
No mention of Crete!??
Mykonos – Santorini
Turnover: April-May -15 to -20%
l will obtain some facts later on!

Mykonos Greece: Travel Guide 2023 | Greeka

[/URL]
One of most informative about traveling to Mykonos... Award winning team from Greeka!❤️

Taking a quick boat ride in Mykonos

Does anyone know the best way to take a quick boat ride when in Mykonos? I usually just walk around the shore and find someone (they usually bring their boats to a spot) but the last time I did that, I didn't like the boat! So I want to plan things in advance this time around. I plan to go to Mykonos soon.

The last boat had a glass bottom, and it freaked me out - I don't want to do that again.

Also, I am interested in Scuba diving but I know that is a bit more complicated to arrange than a boat ride. I might have to wait until I get there?
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
Pinterest YouTube