1 - 4 of 4 Posts

knicks_fan87

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to see all of the nightlife in Mykonos when I visit this summer, but I am a little concerned about the noise level at night past 2 am. Is it still noisy at this time? I don't stay out too too late, and I would love to be able to get some sleep after I come back home from the day. What is everyones experience? And is every area noisy? Or is the nightlife located in a central place that is easy to avoid when booking a hotel? Thank you in advance!!

Reactions: Hash
Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to see all of the nightlife in Mykonos when I visit this summer, but I am a little concerned about the noise level at night past 2 am. Is it still noisy at this time? I don't stay out too too late, and I would love to be able to get some sleep after I come back home from the day. What is everyones experience? And is every area noisy? Or is the nightlife located in a central place that is easy to avoid when booking a hotel? Thank you in advance!!
Ok so avoid Paraga Platis Yialos beach front (very nice behind a little distance from the beach)...... avoid Paradise Beach area, Super Paradise Beach,Panormos?...No not every area is noisy..... Have you searched anywhere you like?...I used to live in Mykonos for many years.... Let me know and see if I can help you!..

Reactions: kcixcy
I recommend staying far away from the beaches, that's where most of the parties are held

I recommend staying far away from the beaches, that's where most of the parties are held
I agree - and a hotel away from the main beaches like Super Paradise where much of the party is concentrated. If you're close but not super close, you can enjoy the nightlife without it driving you nuts while you try to sleep. It can get crazy! But it's concentrated to those beaches.

How expensive is Mykonos?

I won't be going this year, but I am starting to plan for next year. I plan to be in a Greece for at least a month and someone I am traveling with is adamant about wanting to experience some clubs in Mykonos.

I think it does look fun, but I am concerned with whether or not it is expensive. I heard it can get bad. We have a limited budget... can we navigate the expense of it, and find less expensive ways to enjoy it. Can we?

Things to Do in Mykonos at Christmas

I am thinking of heading to Mykonos this Christmas season to visit some people. I thought I would share some thoughts about what I can do there this time of year.

Christmas Markets

Like many other places in Europe, Mykonos also has its own version of Christmas markets. Wander around the charming alleys of the old town and discover festive stalls selling handmade crafts, traditional sweets, and local delicacies. The main market takes place in Manto Square, where you can also experience the lighting of the Christmas tree and carol singing.

Traditional Celebration

Christmas celebrations in Mykonos follow the Greek Orthodox calendar, which means that the main festivities are held on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. You can attend the midnight Mass at one of the island's many churches, such as the Paraportiani Church, or witness the local traditions of kalanda (carol singing) and feasting on traditional dishes like avgolemono soup and roasted lamb.

Christmas Shopping

There are some great shops on Mykonos. I can do my Christmas shopping here!

Nightlife question about Mykonos

I have seen footage of fun-looking club atmospheres on Mykonos. I went last year and couldn't find those parties! I want to try again the next time I am in Greece, probably in September.

I’d love to find places that strike a balance between great music (preferably a mix of international and local beats), a lively but not overly crowded atmosphere, and of course, stunning settings that scream ‘Mykonos’!

Does anyone have personal favorites or hidden gems they'd be willing to share?

mykonos-nightlife.jpg

Advice for an extended stay in Mykonos

I plan to be on Mykonos for about a month over the summer and I honestly feel like I am a bit late to the party securing a rental for that long. I am not seeing much on airbnb.

That could change as more properties become available... I don't know.

Am I missing something? Are there other networks that people use when going to Mykonos that I maybe haven't thought of? I don't want to move mid trip but I guess I could. Like do a week here and there. It could give me a chance to see different things on the island.

Exploring Little Venice in Mykonos?

I'm planning a trip to the enchanting area of Little Venice in Mykonos and I've heard so much about its stunning views and quirky charm. I'm reaching out to this community because I know there are a lot of well-traveled folks around here who could share their insights.

Can anyone suggest the absolute must-see attractions and activities in Little Venice? I'm interested in anything from historical sites, picturesque spots for photography, to the best places to relax and watch the sunset.

Also, any tips on hidden gems or less-known spots you can recommend would be great too!

Thanks!
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back