1 - 6 of 6 Posts
My mom really wants to visit Santorini but she has difficulty getting around. Will Santorini be to exhausting for her? If so, are there any places that you can recommend in Greece that are friendly to seniors or people with mobility issues? Thanks :)

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
I would say it really depends what activities you do on Santorini. If walking is the hardest thing, it might be tough if you are staying in a hotel or airbnb that has many stairs. If I had major issues that prevented me from walking properly, I might consider going to another Greek island. Hope this helps!!

TatianaS

I sent my parents there last year, rented a beautiful Airbnb with “minima” stairs. I got a cal within their first 5 minutes there complaining about all the stairs.

a lot of the sites and places to see require stairs. There are beautiful areas to stay with minimal stairs but they will miss out on a lot.

I would recommend a different island

Reactions: toniiv

toniiv

I sent my parents there last year, rented a beautiful Airbnb with “minima” stairs. I got a cal within their first 5 minutes there complaining about all the stairs.

a lot of the sites and places to see require stairs. There are beautiful areas to stay with minimal stairs but they will miss out on a lot.

I would recommend a different island
I've had the same experience with my family members. Traveling abroad with my parents is super difficult, and you can't really predict where will be accessible. What island do you recommend?

TatianaS

Krete, Paros, Skiathos, corfu there are so many options. For me Santorini is the toughest.

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

Krete, Paros, Skiathos, corfu there are so many options. For me Santorini is the toughest.
Santorini is definitely a no go. Way too many stairs and crowded and small spaces to squeeze through

Are all of Santorinis churches operating?

I’ve seen so many wonderful pictures of Santorini...which have SO MANY amazing churches. Are all of these churches functioning and providing church services? Or are some of them repurposed into other things and they just kept the exterior architecture.

Where are the best places to hike in Santorini?

I love hiking and being active!! Where are the best places to explore and hike on the island?

Is Santorini difficult to navigate for seniors?

My mom really wants to visit Santorini but she has difficulty getting around. Will Santorini be to exhausting for her? If so, are there any places that you can recommend in Greece that are friendly to seniors or people with mobility issues? Thanks :)

Share your pictures of the famous red beach in Santorini

This is probably one of the coolest beaches ever! I would love to see your pics from your Santorini vacations, please feel free to share them in this thread!

Santorini-Red-Beach-720x512.jpeg

Learn about ancient art from Santorini sculptor!

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter