1 - 6 of 6 Posts

acamp7

I remember visiting back in the day and Santorini was pretty affordable, especially if you weren't planing on shopping and eating at fancy restaurants all day. But I was looking at hotel prices and they're skyrocketing! I was a fool to think that they'd be cheaper because of the pandemic. I guess everyone is jumping all at once to get a booking in before the summer starts. Any thoughts?

Yes honestly I've been very dissaopinted with the way that Santorini is going...everything is so expensive and there are so many tourists that I feel like I can't get some peace and quiet on the island. It's such a shame

Living in Santorini the last 7 years,i can inform you that hotel prices have gone down this year but i agree that santorini is expensive over all.

Reactions: knicks_fan87
Living in Santorini the last 7 years,i can inform you that hotel prices have gone down this year but i agree that santorini is expensive over all.
Are the prices down because of COVID? Or another reason?

It is because of covid.Santorini has way to many hotels villas etc and we are used of getting large number of tourists.Now less tourists are coming so the prices have to go down because there is too much competition-options.

Yes honestly I've been very dissaopinted with the way that Santorini is going...everything is so expensive and there are so many tourists that I feel like I can't get some peace and quiet on the island. It's such a shame
If your so disappointed that your fellow Greek is not making money from you or any other tourist during summer, I recommend you don't go.

Stop criticising Greece. Go to India if you want a cheap holiday.

Advice on galleries to visit in Fira?

I heard that Santorini is a great place for artists and people who admire art. I will be in Santorini for a cruise stop soon, but I will only have time to explore Fira.

I'm planning a trip to the beautiful island of Santorini and, as an enthusiastic art lover, I'm eager to immerse myself in the local art scene. Fira, with its stunning caldera views and charming streets, is on my travel itinerary, and I would love to explore some art galleries while I'm there.

From what I've gathered, Santorini, and Fira in particular, is a hub for vibrant art, showcasing everything from contemporary pieces by local artists to ancient artifacts that narrate the island's rich history. However, with such a plethora of options, it's a bit overwhelming to choose where to start.

Anyone have any advice?

santorini-greece.jpg

Dealing with the crowded sunset on Oia

I tried to see the sunset on Oia - I was only there for a day. It was sooo crowded it was nuts.

I do want to give Santorini another chance but I need help finding a different sunset spot. I ended up watching the sunset by a dumpster - and it felt good enough.

I just don't know what to do - there was NO WAY I was going to be able to see it in Oia with how many people there were.

Do the crowds feel better if actually staying in Santorini?

The last time I was in Santorini, it was off a cruise ship. There were other cruise ships that had ported that day, so the place was a zoo. I didn't even really like it!

Does Santorini feel different if you're actually staying there at least for a few nights, or is it always that crowded?

There was a long line to the cable car, a crushing crowd at sunsets, and in some shops, I couldn't even really walk through - there were too many people! Everyone was nice though, despite that.

Hotel in Santorini with a view like this?

My wife and I are going to Santorini soon. We usually stay with people, but they don't live on the caldera like this.

I thought it would be a nice treat to stay somewhere for a few days that his this kind of a view!

I know there are some great caldera-perched places in Oia. I know they're expensive but they seem worth it.

Anyone have any recommendations?

santorini-greece.jpg

Iconic Dress Photo on Santorini

I love the photos I see of people who are wearing that beautiful flowing dress, and the photo is taken with the backdrop of the gorgeous island.

I love the photo and want to do one for myself.

How can I do this? I heard that it is actually a business? Does anyone have any details?
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back