1 - 6 of 6 Posts

acamp7

I remember visiting back in the day and Santorini was pretty affordable, especially if you weren't planing on shopping and eating at fancy restaurants all day. But I was looking at hotel prices and they're skyrocketing! I was a fool to think that they'd be cheaper because of the pandemic. I guess everyone is jumping all at once to get a booking in before the summer starts. Any thoughts?

Yes honestly I've been very dissaopinted with the way that Santorini is going...everything is so expensive and there are so many tourists that I feel like I can't get some peace and quiet on the island. It's such a shame

Living in Santorini the last 7 years,i can inform you that hotel prices have gone down this year but i agree that santorini is expensive over all.

Reactions: knicks_fan87
Living in Santorini the last 7 years,i can inform you that hotel prices have gone down this year but i agree that santorini is expensive over all.
Are the prices down because of COVID? Or another reason?

It is because of covid.Santorini has way to many hotels villas etc and we are used of getting large number of tourists.Now less tourists are coming so the prices have to go down because there is too much competition-options.

Yes honestly I've been very dissaopinted with the way that Santorini is going...everything is so expensive and there are so many tourists that I feel like I can't get some peace and quiet on the island. It's such a shame
If your so disappointed that your fellow Greek is not making money from you or any other tourist during summer, I recommend you don't go.

Stop criticising Greece. Go to India if you want a cheap holiday.

View the natural and unique geography of Santorini

I love visiting Santorini because to me, it's physically beautiful. I find it enchanting because of how unique the landscape is.

About 3,600 years ago, the island experienced a colossal volcanic event, known as the Minoan eruption. This event was so massive that it significantly altered the landscape, creating the caldera—a giant central lagoon surrounded by high cliffs on three sides. The eruption also played a pivotal role in shaping the ancient civilizations of the area.

Santorini's geological wonders don't stop at the caldera. The island boasts unique beaches with varying colors of sand and pebbles—red, black, and white—thanks to its volcanic nature. Visiting these beaches is like stepping onto another planet.

So, I plan to go again this year and check it out. Some of the places I love are Red Beach, Oia (I plan to stay in Oia), and I love doing that hike from Fira to Oia during sunset.What do you love to do in Santorini?

santorini-greece.jpg

Best Souvenirs to Bring Back from Santorini

I am going to Santorini soon and I love to shop and get gifts for people.

Could anyone suggest the best souvenirs to take home from Santorini that would give a taste of the local culture and charm to friends and family? I'm looking for things that are unique to the island - something you can't find just anywhere else!

Any tips on where to find these local treasures would be super helpful, too.

santorini-shopping.jpg

Best places for photographs in Santorini?

I am going to Santorini again this year and I am on the lookout breathtaking photo spots in Santorini, and we need your insights! Help us pinpoint the ultimate locations for capturing the island's charm.

What are your favorite places to take photos? I have a few photos snapped of the Oia sunset from other trips. For this trip, I want to capture some different things, and maybe even some slice of life moments.

Iconic Dress Photo on Santorini

I love the photos I see of people who are wearing that beautiful flowing dress, and the photo is taken with the backdrop of the gorgeous island.

I love the photo and want to do one for myself.

How can I do this? I heard that it is actually a business? Does anyone have any details?

Staying in Pyrgos?

Thank you to your advice, I am looking into staying in Pyrgos or other inland place that is slightly "off the beaten track" in Santorini to minimize some of the frustration of being in the crowds. We will be traveling during peak season.

Does anyone have an advice as to where to stay? As mentioned in a previous post, my wife is pushing for a Caldera hotel - but they're so expensive and we're traveling with the whole family. If I can find a compelling hotel that is more inland, it might work out for us to stay there. It doesn't have to be Pyrgos - but something similar would be good...

pyrgos-santorini.jpg
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back