1 - 5 of 5 Posts

dubai_suzie

This is a very popular custom in Greece and you might come off as strange if you don't parcticiate. If you're invited to someones house, it is customary to bring dessert or a small gift to show your toes of appreciation for the fact that they're hosting you. It is likely that they will also offer you food, dessert or coffee as well. So don't be surprised if they do!

ellinasgolfer0320

100%. This is common courtesy in Greece. I always take a cake or some little ice creams when I go to someone's house.

Last edited:

Hash

This is a very popular custom in Greece and you might come off as strange if you don't parcticiate. If you're invited to someones house, it is customary to bring dessert or a small gift to show your toes of appreciation for the fact that they're hosting you. It is likely that they will also offer you food, dessert or coffee as well. So don't be surprised if they do!
Nice.... always did this for all friends in Mykonos... cookies, cakes, used to take my cooking as I make mean Macaronada and Tono salads!...I used to take small bottles of Greek liquors as well...Kalley Mera from Thailand and Monsoons..

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

Nice.... always did this for all friends in Mykonos... cookies, cakes, used to take my cooking as I make mean Macaronada and Tono salads!...I used to take small bottles of Greek liquors as well...Kalley Mera from Thailand and Monsoons..
Amazing!! I try to be as generous as possible, there is nothing like the hospitality I have received in Greece...its astounding

k_tsoukalas

100%. This is common courtesy in Greece. I always take a cake or some little ice creams when I go to someone's house.
Is it mostly dessert that one gifts, or can you bring other things?

Do you know these famous Greeks?

This is a really fun game to test your Greek knowledge. Do you know all of these politicians and celebrities? I could only name a few.

Buy an official IELTS|TOEFL certificate. ([email protected])

If you are planning to study, work or live abroad, IELTS can help you get there!

We provide requisite assistance to those who, for one reason or another cannot take the TOEFL, PTE, test or obtain the desired score demanded by institutions, employers, or embassies.👩‍🎓♻️

Contact via
Telegram: ............ Registraboard
0b.jpg

Greeces long tradition of making leather sandals

Greeks have been wearing sandals since the ancient times. The tradition continues to this day, where so many groups have leather workshops. If you walk around the streets of any touristic city in Greece, you will see dozens of shoe stores with leather sandals, bags, and belts. If you were visiting, I recommend you check them out and see if you like any of the styles.

Here is some insight about Greek etiquette and body language

Etiquette and body language is extremely important in any culture, especially in Greek Culture. This doesn't meant that you need to follow everything and try to act "Greek" but I think its helpful to be aware of the expectations of others, especially so that you don't offend others. Let me know if you like this video and think its helpful in understanding some of the main components of Greek etiquette.

Great news! My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 is being filmed

This was first posted on Nia Vardalos' instagram! I'm so excited to see the third movie and what the writers and actors have come up with. Of course, nothing is going to beat the original, which I absolutely love. But, it is nice to see Greeks on the big screen. What do you think? Are you excited?
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter