1 - 2 of 2 Posts

francescool

I have never seen this beautiful Cretan dance live but I'm sure this video does it justice! As you can see, the dance is very energetic and seems to be very celebratory.I can imagine that it takes a lot of cardio and stamina to preform for a long period of time. I would love to know more information about when this dance is used, and what it signifies in the Cretan. I am not Cretan myself, so I am not too sure.

k_tsoukalas

I have never seen this beautiful Cretan dance live but I'm sure this video does it justice! As you can see, the dance is very energetic and seems to be very celebratory.I can imagine that it takes a lot of cardio and stamina to preform for a long period of time. I would love to know more information about when this dance is used, and what it signifies in the Cretan. I am not Cretan myself, so I am not too sure.

Cretan dance, the costumes, music, steps, etc, is gorgeous! I have never seen it live, either, but I would love to!

Talented Greek singers and dancers in Crete!

These Cretan dancers are putting on a traditional show! As you will see in the video, these costumes, the music and dancing is all traditional and from the island of Crete. You will probably be able to find some restaurants that provide traditional cretin music and potentially some dancing. I highly recommend attending a live performance for anyone who is trying to learn more about Cretan culture.

What is better: Chania or Iraklio?

What does everyone recommend for a vacation in Crete? Chania or Iraklio? I've never been to the island, but I would really like to travel there this year. I've heard so much about Crete and that is one of the most unique places in Greece. Has anyone been to either of the islands and has a preference for one of them? Why or why not? I'm really trying to narrow down my trip soon and make a decision about where to visit.

Crete is the best place to get an Airbnb!

I have been browsing Airbnb's all over the island of Crete and the value is astounding! The prices are some of the best that I've seen all over Greece and they are all brand new, clean, and very modern which is not the case for other areas of Greece. It seems that many people on the island are investing in new developments which is great for tourism. I recommend you check out Airbnb's when you are visiting!

Visit the windmills in Lasithi Crete

These windmills are one of the most unique attractions on the island. They were a great source of sustainable energy, and provided irrigation to water plants in the summer months. There aren't many windmills left, and they currently stand as more of a tourist attraction than an energy source. If you would like to visit, they are located on the north end of the Lasithi plateau.

1656470340077.png

Elafonisi is hands down the best beach in Crete

Elafonisi is definitely one of the most beautiful and clear beaches on the island, and its a must visit for when anyone goes. The beach is located near Chania, which is at the most western point of the island. Here is a glimpse of what the beauty looks like.

Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter