1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Hash

corfujan

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Thank you, Hash. Maria Callas is one of my personal favorites. Such a beautiful voice and presence...
Kalley Mera Kalllo Mina ,.... You are very welcome!....A unique voice like no other!..The most appropriate word you have used
to describe Maria Callas....'Presence'!!❤️

corfujan

One of my favorite performances from her:

How to eat authentic food in Corfu, Greece!

Nothing is better than trying out authentic Greek food in Corfu. The best thing you can do, is make friends with locals and try out some local dishes like sofrito, pastitsada, and savoro. Like many different foods in Greece, Corfu has some of the best and freshest seafood so I highly recommend trying out any seafood dishes!! Let me know if you like this video :)

Palaia Peritheia is Corfus ghost town

This place used to be the richest village on the entire island on the entire island, but today there are only empty houses and churches left with no inhabitants. Super eery but great for a visit to see how people once lived. check it out!

Corfu is one of the best places for a honeymoon getaway

Corfu is a great spot for a honeymoon for those looking to stay in a single destination or for those who want to island hop! You can go to Lefkada and Kefalonia since they are pretty close, I suggest going by boat although you can also choose to fly if you prefer. If you want to go somewhere romantic, I suggest the old town and Arillas beach. There are really great hotels on the South Eastern part of the island by the coastline.

You must try sofrito when visiting Corfu

Sofrito is one of Greece's best regional dishes! The recipe consists of a sauce made from parsley and spices that are used to marinade veal. The dish is a stew, which is super popular in Greece although most stews are called "kokinista" which are stews with tomato sauce. This stew is one of the few in Greece that is not made from a red sauce which is why you should really try it when you're visiting Corfu!!
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter