1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Hash

If any one in Mykonos wants to taste authentic Greek food don't forget to go to Oregano....I know the Phedhia from the 90s.... this is where all the Tourism Industry professionals and palikaria go .... very cheap..... very generous.....and super atmosphere especially at Football and Basketball games!!!.....Say Yasou apo mena to Maria from me...
Oregano Cook & Grill
+30 2289 027410

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
If any one in Mykonos wants to taste authentic Greek food don't forget to go to Oregano....I know the Phedhia from the 90s.... this is where all the Tourism Industry professionals and palikaria go .... very cheap..... very generous.....and super atmosphere especially at Football and Basketball games!!!.....Say Yasou apo mena to Maria from me...
Oregano Cook & Grill
+30 2289 027410
I would love to visit to watch a game! One of the best things about being in Greece when the Euro cup or Champions league is on!

Reactions: Hash
I would love to visit to watch a game! One of the best things about being in Greece when the Euro cup or Champions league is on!
Sigura, aftee iney atmospheria!.....para polleeee krassia,beeria,Chipoura!😁😁

Gia ti Mykono, einai poly ftina... Perimena na dw times mexri 20 euro gia mia salata. Auto to eistiatorio tha einai to monadiko eistiatorio pou tha paw gia fagito otan tha eimai ekei. Euharistw gi'auto.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hash
Gia ti Mykono, einai poly ftina... Perimena na dw times mexri 20 euro gia mia salata. Auto to eistiatorio tha einai to monadiko eistiatorio oti tha paw gia fagito otan eimai 'kei - diladi, an tha ekei. Euharistw gi'auto.
Mykonou ekhi polla setoria na iney Eftina Ellinki kuchina.!!...Mehta ta paw alla....simera then ekho khgrono!.. Kalley Mera from Thailand!❤️🌻

Mykonos: Nammos Suspended!

Events unfolding rapidly in crackdowns after many years of irregular activities.I don't agree with the Police patrolling the narrow streets of Mykonos for noise levels from the bars in the video which I saw yesterday, felt quite saddened when at this time of the year it is so very nice to browse around Matoyianni with all the lovely shops and boutiques instead of 6-8 police walking up and down these beautiful narrow streets!... They begin to take away sound systems from the bars!

How expensive is Mykonos?

I won't be going this year, but I am starting to plan for next year. I plan to be in a Greece for at least a month and someone I am traveling with is adamant about wanting to experience some clubs in Mykonos.

I think it does look fun, but I am concerned with whether or not it is expensive. I heard it can get bad. We have a limited budget... can we navigate the expense of it, and find less expensive ways to enjoy it. Can we?

Things to Do in Mykonos at Christmas

I am thinking of heading to Mykonos this Christmas season to visit some people. I thought I would share some thoughts about what I can do there this time of year.

Christmas Markets

Like many other places in Europe, Mykonos also has its own version of Christmas markets. Wander around the charming alleys of the old town and discover festive stalls selling handmade crafts, traditional sweets, and local delicacies. The main market takes place in Manto Square, where you can also experience the lighting of the Christmas tree and carol singing.

Traditional Celebration

Christmas celebrations in Mykonos follow the Greek Orthodox calendar, which means that the main festivities are held on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. You can attend the midnight Mass at one of the island's many churches, such as the Paraportiani Church, or witness the local traditions of kalanda (carol singing) and feasting on traditional dishes like avgolemono soup and roasted lamb.

Christmas Shopping

There are some great shops on Mykonos. I can do my Christmas shopping here!

What are your opinions about the party scene in Mykonos?

I am traveling to Greece this July with a large group of friends and family and we all have different interests.

Some of the people have never been to Mykonos and are pushing for a longer stay because they want to party.

I did all that when I was younger, and it wasn't the greatest. I loved nightclubs back then, too.

What have been your experiences? I found it to be too hot to party hard. I love to dance, and I couldn't really dance much. The beaches made me feel claustrophobic because there was nowhere to really walk and get away from the loud music!

Getting Around on Mykonos

I was in a Mykonos last year as a cruise stop, and I found trying to figure out how to get around to be very annoying. I couldn't find the bus stops, I didn't know how to buy a ticket, I had a hard time finding a bathroom on the way to the bus stop I finally figured out I needed.

I thought I would do some research. What could I have done differently? I found this video to be very helpful.

Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back