1 - 3 of 3 Posts

blopez34

Just look at how stunning this little church is!! I love the white and rustic look of it. Although the church is not open for visitors to enter, it is worth a trip to visit and admire the architecture. Its one of the most photographed churches in the world!!

Mykonos-Church-720x477.jpg

Reactions: amygdalE
Just look at how stunning this little church is!! I love the white and rustic look of it. Although the church is not open for visitors to enter, it is worth a trip to visit and admire the architecture. Its one of the most photographed churches in the world!!

View attachment 687
It is a stunning little church -- especially in this photograph, which catches the resonance between its whitess and the clouds. Thanks.

This is absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing. I agree, the photo is particularly stunning. The sky is so brilliant, and is a nice contrast to the white church.

Packing for Mykonos Trip

I am going to be in Mykonos mid-September. Is it still warm enough for some solid beach time?

During the trip we will also be sightseeing, going out for dinner, doing some boating (friends), and maybe renting jet skis or something like that.

Latest I have ever been to Mykonos has been mid-August. Is the weather in September that much different?

How expensive is Mykonos?

I won't be going this year, but I am starting to plan for next year. I plan to be in a Greece for at least a month and someone I am traveling with is adamant about wanting to experience some clubs in Mykonos.

I think it does look fun, but I am concerned with whether or not it is expensive. I heard it can get bad. We have a limited budget... can we navigate the expense of it, and find less expensive ways to enjoy it. Can we?

Mykonos: Nammos Suspended!

Events unfolding rapidly in crackdowns after many years of irregular activities.I don't agree with the Police patrolling the narrow streets of Mykonos for noise levels from the bars in the video which I saw yesterday, felt quite saddened when at this time of the year it is so very nice to browse around Matoyianni with all the lovely shops and boutiques instead of 6-8 police walking up and down these beautiful narrow streets!... They begin to take away sound systems from the bars!

Getting Around on Mykonos

I was in a Mykonos last year as a cruise stop, and I found trying to figure out how to get around to be very annoying. I couldn't find the bus stops, I didn't know how to buy a ticket, I had a hard time finding a bathroom on the way to the bus stop I finally figured out I needed.

I thought I would do some research. What could I have done differently? I found this video to be very helpful.

Taking a quick boat ride in Mykonos

Does anyone know the best way to take a quick boat ride when in Mykonos? I usually just walk around the shore and find someone (they usually bring their boats to a spot) but the last time I did that, I didn't like the boat! So I want to plan things in advance this time around. I plan to go to Mykonos soon.

The last boat had a glass bottom, and it freaked me out - I don't want to do that again.

Also, I am interested in Scuba diving but I know that is a bit more complicated to arrange than a boat ride. I might have to wait until I get there?
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back