1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Hash

Screenshot_2021-10-02-15-29-17-315_com.twitter.android.jpg

Reactions: seleanor and kcixcy
So beautifuL! Its nice seeing it without so much contrsuction :)

Reactions: Hash
3 days ago

Attachments

• 2024.jpg
    2024.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: seleanor

Unique Photo Spots in Athens?

I will be traveling to Athens this year in the spring. What are some great photo spots throughout the city? Aside from what inspires me?

I have a bad habit of forgetting to take pics while away and I come back from the vacation with a random collection. This time, I want to do some advanced planning. Some of my ideas:

- Parthenon/ Acropolis - A shot with people and the Parthenon in the background
- Food photos - plenty of shots with people - and table shots - and of myself - eating the delicious food
- Monastiraki - This place is full of life - there could be some great candid shots

Do you guys have any ideas?

Should you come to Athens in the winter?

I have never been to Greece in winter and I was considering it. I found this video - it was very informative! Thought I'd share:

Visiting Mount Lycabettus Question

I have never been to Mount Lycabettus, although I've been to Athens a handful of times - it just never came up to go here.

Here are some questions I have:

A few specific questions I have include:
  • What's the best time of day to visit Mount Lycabettus? Is it good at sunset?
  • Are there any hiking trails that you'd recommend?
  • How difficult is the trek up the hill? Is it suitable for beginners or those not used to hiking?
  • Is the funicular railway worth the ride, or is it better to walk?
  • Are there any facilities (like cafes or restrooms) available at the top or along the way?
  • Do you have any safety tips or things to watch out for?
Thanks in advance!

Churches to visit for Liturgy in Athens

I'll be in Athens soon, and I would like to go to church! I am trying to find a church that has liturgy that is preferably by my hotel. I am staying in the Plaka.

Do any pop you know if any of these are good?

Monastery of Daphni – The Monastery of Daphni is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located just outside of Athens.

Agios Nikolaos Rangavas Church – This church is located in the heart of Athens and is considered one of the most beautiful religious buildings in the city.

Metropolis Cathedral – The Metropolis Cathedral is the largest and most historic church in Athens, with a rich history that dates back over a thousand years.

The Church of the Holy Apostles – This Byzantine church dates back to the 10th century and is considered one of the best-preserved examples of Byzantine architecture in Greece.

St. Irene’s Church – St. Irene’s Church is located in the heart of Athens and is considered one of the oldest Byzantine churches in the city.

Taking the Ferry to Mykonos?

I am planning a trip for Greece next year to Greece. I usually fly into Athens and then fly into a place like Santorini or Mykonos from there.

I plan to go to Mykonos next summer and I am kind of sick of flying.

Is the ferry situation easy from Piraeus? Is this a better option than airplanes?

Someone told me I could wait until the last minute and buy the tickets that day, but I am not sure I feel comfortable with that...
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back