1 - 7 of 7 Posts

paharo45

Does anyone have a really good marinade for lamb? I really wanna try it out for easter but I'm a little bit intimidated not gonna lie. I want to make it in the oven with potatoes like this:

greek-lamb-recipe-720x480.jpg

Reactions: greek_ggirl
The classic marinade is garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and a little bit of lemon. I would be pretty heavy handed with the spices, especially if its for a big piece of lamb.

Reactions: dubai_suzie
I always cook my lamb in parchment paper to keep the juices in! The slower it cooks the better the flavor is

I make a marinade with plenty of fresh lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic. I brush it on the meat and let it sit overnight. The day of cooking, I brush the mixture on the lamb every thirty minutes or so while it is cooking. This marinade works whether you bake, grill, or roast it on a spit.

Reactions: mastichas09
What I do for my leg of Lamb is cut slits and stuff it with cloves of garlic, Greek Seasoning Cavender's, fresh greek oregano , black ground pepper, I don't salt because Greek Seasoning has enough in it. Then after I rub the leg of lamb with Olive oil and herbs and fresh Lemon Juice. Let Lamb marinate until the next day. Now be sure and take the Leg out and let it sit on the counter until room temperature before roasting or putting it on the grill. Cook until the internal temperature of the leg of lamb is 145 or 165 if you prefer. Serve with Greek potatoes and greek salad.

Reactions: mastichas09
What I do for my leg of Lamb is cut slits and stuff it with cloves of garlic, Greek Seasoning Cavender's, fresh greek oregano , black ground pepper, I don't salt because Greek Seasoning has enough in it. Then after I rub the leg of lamb with Olive oil and herbs and fresh Lemon Juice. Let Lamb marinate until the next day. Now be sure and take the Leg out and let it sit on the counter until room temperature before roasting or putting it on the grill. Cook until the internal temperature of the leg of lamb is 145 or 165 if you prefer. Serve with Greek potatoes and greek salad.
I've always seen this seasoning around but I've never actually tried it! I wasn't sure if it was authentically Greek or not. What is the flavour like?

I make the marinade with red wine, olive oil, lemon juice, Cavenders Greek seasoning and fresh rosemary. To prep the leg of lamb I debone the leg and place all the ingredients in a plastic bag for 1-2 days. To cook lamb I lay the leg out flat like a steak on the grill and cook until med-rare. We usually serve with salad, rice and greek string beans Cooked in a little olive oil, garlic and diced tomatoes. When cooking the rice I use olive oil to coat and then add a tablespoon of tomato paste.

Getting souvlaki tender?

How do you make tender Greek souvlaki? I've attempted various recipes, marinated for different durations, and experimented with both high and low cooking temps, but I seem to be missing the mark for that mouth-watering tenderness commonly found in authentic Greek souvlaki.

Has anyone found a particular method or ingredient that makes a significant difference in achieving that ideal tenderness?

I use ladolemono, a marinate it overnight in ziplock baggies (after I cut the meat in cubes) and then I add them to the skewers and cook them on the grill. I typically use chicken.

Enjoying Cooking with Greek Honey

One of the things I love most about Greek honey is its versatility. You can use it in so many different ways in the kitchen. I've drizzled it over Greek yogurt for breakfast, mixed it into salad dressings for a touch of sweetness, and even used it as a glaze for roasted vegetables. The depth of flavor it adds to dishes is truly remarkable.

But perhaps my favorite way to use Greek honey is in baking. It adds a wonderful depth of flavor to cakes, cookies, and pastries. I recently made a batch of baklava using Greek honey, and it was a game-changer. The honey soaked into the layers of phyllo dough, creating a sweet and sticky treat that was absolutely irresistible.

I go out of my way to buy it - if I can't find it locally, I get it online. When I go to Greece, I get some in Greece, too.

What do you love to use Greek honey for?

greek-honey.jpg

Different kinds of baklava to try?

I've recently found myself on a delicious quest to explore the world of baklava, that rich, sweet pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts and sweetened with honey or syrup. I understand that baklava has roots in many culinary traditions across the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia, each bringing its own unique twist to this iconic dessert.

From what I’ve gathered, the variations of baklava are as numerous as they are delicious, differing in nuts, spices, types of syrup, and preparation methods. However, navigating through these variations is quite the challenge, and that’s where I’m seeking your collective wisdom!

I am curious what you guys think!

Making traditional loukaniko question

I’m on a culinary quest to master the art of making Loukaniko, the traditional Greek sausage that tantalizes taste buds with its savory blend of spices and herbs. I understand that each region and even each family might have their own special recipe passed down through generations.

Which leads me to my ask - could anyone who’s familiar with Greek cuisine share insights about the most common seasonings used in Loukaniko? I'm especially interested in any mix of spices that gives it that characteristic flavor profile.

I’ve done some preliminary research, but I’m looking for that firsthand knowledge. What's the blend that makes your Loukaniko stand out? Are there any particular secrets to perfect the authentic taste?

Mediterranean Diet Tied to Lower Blood Pressure, Greek Study Shows!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back