1 - 16 of 16 Posts

knicks_fan87

Post your Athens pics!! I miss this city so much

athens.jpeg

These photos are from the bakery across the street from my home. I didn't know what I wanted for breakfast, so I took some pics for my wife to help
2rrepgx.jpg
PxDVgBu.jpg
QZFlLuD.jpg

Last edited:
These are some loukoumathes (also my favorite) I bought from a panigiri festival just outside of my house last year.
WSmDVsQ.jpg
ZYsjisu.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos of Athens (I am so hungry, right now too!) LOL. :)

Here is my favorite photo that I took last time I was in Athens:

IMG_7079-e1566512839187-720x960.jpeg

These photos are from the bakery across the street from my home. I didn't know what I wanted for breakfast, so I took some pics for my wife to help
2rrepgx.jpg
PxDVgBu.jpg
QZFlLuD.jpg
How I miss the Greek Bakery in Mykonou...❤️>>>>>They look delicious.. Efgharisto polee.❣️

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
2rrepgx.jpg
PxDVgBu.jpg
QZFlLuD.jpg
Eftina iney!...Dhen iney akriva Phedhia!❤️

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
Eftina iney!...Dhen iney akriva Phedhia!❤️
Etsi mpravo! Den pira tipota ap autes tis eikones.
How I miss the Greek Bakery in Mykonou...❤️>>>>>They look delicious.. Efgharisto polee.❣️
I love going to the bakery. I always get zamponotiropita (ham and cheese pie) when I go to the bakery.

Last edited:
Etsi mpravo! Den pira tipota ap autes tis eikones.

I love going to the bakery. I always get zamponotiropita (ham and cheese pie) when I go to the bakery.
2 for me also Para Kalllo polleeee!!❤️🤗

Here are photos I took in Athens last time I was allowed into Greece in 2019

Attachments

• DSC_0036.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG
    686.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    554.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    686.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0050.JPG
    DSC_0050.JPG
    725.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0051.JPG
    DSC_0051.JPG
    668.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    754.1 KB · Views: 3
Here are photos I took in Athens last time I was allowed into Greece in 2019
Beautiful!! Do you plan on going again soon?

Reactions: Hash
Beautiful!! Do you plan on going again soon?
Yes but I currently live in Australia so I can't get out of the country. I have booked in my second vaccination for next week so I'm all ready to go when borders open again. I love Athens and live centrally when I go there. I can't wait to get back, walk down the streets of Athens and take in the sights and smells of the Athenian spring and summer. I expect that I will be able to travel next year and then I'll be going every year after that.

Do you go often or do you live there?

Reactions: Hash
Yes but I currently live in Australia so I can't get out of the country. I have booked in my second vaccination for next week so I'm all ready to go when borders open again. I love Athens and live centrally when I go there. I can't wait to get back, walk down the streets of Athens and take in the sights and smells of the Athenian spring and summer. I expect that I will be able to travel next year and then I'll be going every year after that.

Do you go often or do you live there?
I wish I lived there! I live in Tennessee but my family is Armenian. I have a few family members living in Greece and they speak so highly of it. I've only been a few times but I would love to go back, especially Athens :) I hope you're able to visit Greece again soon, if not this year then the next for sure!!

Reactions: Hash and Vangelis
I wish I lived there! I live in Tennessee but my family is Armenian. I have a few family members living in Greece and they speak so highly of it. I've only been a few times but I would love to go back, especially Athens :) I hope you're able to visit Greece again soon, if not this year then the next for sure!!
Where in Tennessee? I'm from Tennessee too.

Wow, thank you guys for sharing these pics! Here's one:

The-Parthenon-in-Athens-aerial-view-in-the-afternoon-720x479.jpg

Fun Side Trips While Staying in Athens

I've been to Athens. I have done side trips from Athens. Still, I love Rick Steve's work and I found this interesting! He visited some of the places I've seen, but frankly, he made me want to see them again. This was a fun watch!

One of the places I haven't been that he mentioned is Hydra. Such a cool-looking place.

Athens airport question...

There's a group of us going to Athens and our flights get in the same day, but at different times.

Is there an easy spot to wait for the rest of our group outside of security, like a cafe or restaurant, or even an area with chairs to sit... I have only been to this airport once, and I don't remember any details about what happens after security.

Greek Mythology Sites in Athens?

I am visiting Athens and want a feel for where to go that pertains to Greek mythology.Of course, the Acropolis is on my list, but I wish to explore other places related to gods, goddesses, heroes, and their legendary tales as well.

For those of you who have ventured on similar quests or possess knowledge about Greek mythology's physical footprints in Athens, could you recommend:
  1. Must-visit sites that are deeply connected to Greek mythology.
  2. Any lesser-known locations that offer a unique insight into the myths.
  3. Tips for making the most out of these visits (best time to go, how to avoid crowds, etc.).
  4. Any resources (books, guides, websites) that could help deepen my understanding of the myths associated with these sites.
I’m extremely excited about this trip and looking forward to your recommendations and insights! Thanks!

Tips for saving money in Athens?

I'm planning a trip to Athens and though I'm excited, I'm also trying to be mindful of my budget. The charm of historical sites like the Acropolis, the Plaka district, and experiencing the vibrant Greek culture is something I cannot put a price tag on. However, I am looking for ways to stretch my euros further while enjoying what Athens has to offer.

Does anyone have tips or personal experiences to share on saving money while traveling in Athens?

athens-greece.jpg

Visiting the Cycladic Museum

Though I will be in Mykonos for a while when I come to Greece (soon!) I will have some time in Athens.

I will be tied up with wedding festivities on Mykonos, but I will have some time. So, I want to learn about the history and culture of the island. I know there has to be more to it there than all the parties and the beach scene.

I plan to visit the Cycladic Museum in Athens to get ready. Is there anything I should keep in mind while I explore the museum?
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back