1 - 2 of 2 Posts

acamp7

Does anyone know of any resources that will help me give myself a "self guided" tour of Thessaloniki?

I know I can look up all the main places online as I am there. However, I am more interested in finding a narration ahead of time and listening to it while I drive around and see some of the sites. Does such a thing exist?

I am in Thessaloniki for a short time with a group of people who don't like to do "tours" so I have some time to go off by myself for a few hours one of the days.

Does anyone know of any resources that will help me give myself a "self guided" tour of Thessaloniki?

I know I can look up all the main places online as I am there. However, I am more interested in finding a narration ahead of time and listening to it while I drive around and see some of the sites. Does such a thing exist?

I am in Thessaloniki for a short time with a group of people who don't like to do "tours" so I have some time to go off by myself for a few hours one of the days.
Rick Steves has some great information, however I am not sure he has anything for Thessaloniki. This might be a good place to start.

Seeking the Best Mezze Spots in Thessaloniki

I am looking for recommendations. I am going to Thessaloniki in the spring and I want to visit a taverna or restaurant that has great Mezze!

If you've had an unforgettable meze experience in Thessaloniki, please share! I'm looking for recommendations on:
  • Your favorite spots for meze in the city
  • Must-try dishes
  • Any tips for a truly authentic meze dining experience
I appreciate any guidance you can provide to help me (and fellow food lovers) compile a list of must-visit meze destinations in Thessaloniki.

What is the nightlife like in Thessaloniki?

How is the nightlife in Thessaloniki? I have friends who are planning a wedding in the area, but they are not originally from Thessaloniki.

I have been, but I only went to one bar while I was there, and I didn't really venture out much. The people in the group love to dance in clubs, and they love to go out. It may also be that they'd be looking for a place to have a bachelor or bachelorette party.

New Year's Celebration in Thessaloniki?

Does anyone know what is going on in Thessaloniki for New Year's? There's a chance I could be in the city this year during it and I want to get a feel for what to expect. I went to Greece to visit some family over Christmas.

I heard that they light fireworks at midnight somewhere? Is this true? I'll be visiting some people, so I am assuming they know what is going on, but I want to have a general feel for it.

Some cities have a big celebration outside. I didn't know if Thessaloniki was one of those places.

Visiting the Museum for Macedonian Struggle in Thessaloniki?

I'm planning a trip to Thessaloniki soon and I've heard a lot about the Museum of the Macedonian Struggle. It seems like a place with rich historical significance and I'm keen on exploring more about the region's history through this museum. I would appreciate any advice or insights from those who have visited or are familiar with the museum.

What do you think, is this worth visiting? It has a personal significance for me, as well as an historical one. I have a good friend who is passionate about this cause.

Visiting Aristotelous Square Question

I will be in Thessaloniki staying near Aristotelous Square. If anyone familiar with the area could advise on:
  • Best cafes and eateries
  • Hidden gems or lesser-known spots
  • Any cultural/historical points of interest
  • Tips on navigating the square
  • Event schedules or seasonal recommendations
Thanks in advance! Grateful for any advice you can give. I will just be there for a few days. I don't know much about Thessaloniki.
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back