1 - 5 of 5 Posts

blopez34

This is probably one of the coolest beaches ever! I would love to see your pics from your Santorini vacations, please feel free to share them in this thread!

Santorini-Red-Beach-720x512.jpeg

Reactions: dubai_suzie
This is probably one of the coolest beaches ever! I would love to see your pics from your Santorini vacations, please feel free to share them in this thread!

View attachment 501
Beautiful! I wish I had pictures to share

That is a gorgeous pic - love the rainbow in the shot, it's perfect. Here's one:

red-beach-santorini-720x479.jpg

Something different. Chinese couple come to Santorini to exchange vows and take photos then go back home to get married again.
Nea Kameni island thermal baths .
Boats line up to watch the sunset.

Attachments

• Santorini Chinese wed.jpg
    Santorini Chinese wed.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Nea Kameni.jpg
    Nea Kameni.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Santorini Sunset.jpg
    Santorini Sunset.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 2
Something different. Chinese couple come to Santorini to exchange vows and take photos then go back home to get married again.
Nea Kameni island thermal baths .
Boats line up to watch the sunset.
Beautiful!

Volcanic history on Santorini?

I've always been fascinated by the natural wonders of the world, and recently I have become particularly interested in the volcanic landscape of Santorini. I understand that the island's dramatic cliffs, unique beaches, and overall topography are heavily influenced by its explosive volcanic past.

However, I'm looking to go beyond just the surface and truly understand the evidence of Santorini's volcanic activity. Could any geology enthusiasts, historians, or locals provide more detailed insights into:

1. Specific Landforms: What are the most apparent geological features on the island that indicate its volcanic nature?
  2. Volcanic Materials: Are there any areas where you can see different layers of ash or pumice stone resulting from various eruptions over time
I'd appreciate pictures, personal stories, or academic resources that could help in understanding the evidence of Santorini's volcanic landscape.

Oia Santorini Sunset Cruise

I found this video of a sunset cruise in Oia on Santorini and I am intrigued! I'll share the video, and I am curious if any of you have tried this. I had a terrible experience fighting for a standing spot last time I was in Oia.

Off the beaten track suggestions for Santorini?

I've been completely mesmerized by the postcard photos of Santorini, but beyond the blue domes and the sunsets of Oia, I'm looking to uncover some of the island's best-kept secrets. What do you suggest?

Have you stumbled upon any villages, beaches, or local haunts here that you loved? Or maybe historical sites too? I am just looking to do something different that what is typical.

Views like this wouldn't hurt!

santorini-greece.jpg

Hotel in Santorini with a view like this?

My wife and I are going to Santorini soon. We usually stay with people, but they don't live on the caldera like this.

I thought it would be a nice treat to stay somewhere for a few days that his this kind of a view!

I know there are some great caldera-perched places in Oia. I know they're expensive but they seem worth it.

Anyone have any recommendations?

santorini-greece.jpg

Volcanic Hot Springs in Santorini?

Does anyone know if it is possible to go in the water in the area with the volcano? I heard of some people going in the water on tour excursions but I question if that is a regular occurrence. Also, are those considered the volcanic hot springs or are the real hot springs in another area?

I plan on doing something like his when I am in Santorini, but I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back