1 - 1 of 1 Posts

nm1999

In December, at the Andalusian Institute of Historical Heritage’s Underwater Archaeology Center (CAS), Spanish archeologists found huge ruins that might be the lost temple of Hercules which archeologists all over the world have been hunting for. It was built by the Phoenicians before common era, and has been lost ever since. I'm so excited that this discovery has been made and I hope that it is recovered and shown in the museum soon!

What are the most popular Greek mythology stories?

Im looking to get more into Greek mythology....what are the most popular stories and what do you recommend reading? I wanna start off with something that will suck me in! Ive heard so much about Greek Myths but I never actually read any of them properly.

Check out this Greek mythology podcast!

I thought I would share this podcast for any fellow Greek mythology lovers who like to listen to a podcast on their commute or their morning walks. I love a little dose of mythology throughout my day and Im so happy that this podcast shares a bit of Roman mythology as well! There is so much more that I don't know about mythology that I've been learning just by listening to a few episodes. Hope you enjoy

This is my new favorite online show about Greek mythology!

I love this show :) so informative and gives great insight on ancient Greek culture, with great visuals. To be honest I love anything that the History Channel does.

What are your favorite plays from Greek mythology?

I love a good play with an ancient plot! Antigone is one of my favorites, I saw it in Athens a few years back. Its pretty popular and there have been a lot of adaptations since. It is a tragedy by Sophocles written in or before 441 BC. I won't give any spoilers, but as with any Greek play, there is a lot of drama and murder!!! What are your favorite ancient Greek plays?

Movies inspired by Greek mythology that you should watch!

These aren't really "Greek" but they're great for those who love Greek mythology!

1. Disney's Hercules
2. Percy Jackson series
3. 300
4. Troy
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter