1 - 2 of 2 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

I've seen so many people rent cars and drive all the way down to Porto Cheli from the Athens airport. While this is a great option if you prefer to drive, many people overlook taking a boat because it takes just a little bit longer. The reality is that taking a boat is much cheaper, and you also can be a lot more comfortable since you're able to walk around the deck, get snacks and coffee, and use the bathroom. Personally, I love taking the boat, because I also like to visit Hydra and Spetses when I am there and it's much easier to take boats to both of those islands as well.

k_tsoukalas

I've seen so many people rent cars and drive all the way down to Porto Cheli from the Athens airport. While this is a great option if you prefer to drive, many people overlook taking a boat because it takes just a little bit longer. The reality is that taking a boat is much cheaper, and you also can be a lot more comfortable since you're able to walk around the deck, get snacks and coffee, and use the bathroom. Personally, I love taking the boat, because I also like to visit Hydra and Spetses when I am there and it's much easier to take boats to both of those islands as well.
How long of a drive is it? I love the ferries in Greece. So relaxing, and it's much easier than driving. Great tip!

The real life of Athens is here’ – hidden gems beyond and beneath the Acropolis | Athens holidays |

Reconnecting with My Love of Greek Food in Athens

I grew up eating all the traditional Greek dishes, and then some. As an adult, I have gotten away from it. To top that off, I lost my mother's recipes and I never properly learned how to cook Greek food when I was growing up. I am thinking of visiting Greece, particularly Athens, not only to see the sites but to also reconnect with Greek cuisine.

When I am in Athens, do you have any recommendations on the best foods to try - maybe a favorite restaurant or something? I don't know where to start!

Good Beaches to Visit Near Athens?

I am trying to plan a girl's trip to Greece and am fleeing out the details. We'd be flying in from the United States on the East Coast, as I am from Baltimore. So, it seems that we need to fly into Athens. Although Athens isn't planned to be our full vacation - we plan to head to one of the islands - I am thinking we should spend a few days in the city. That being said, we'd do all the usuals - see the historical sites like the Parthenon and all that. I was thinking we might want some beach time when we are in Athens to get us started. I heard there are some beaches nearby? Are any of them worth spending time at? We are looking for a beach with a bit of a scene - like an outdoor beach but maybe a nightclub nearby?

Researching the Temple of Poseidon

I am going to visit Greece soon to take some photos and enjoy the country in general (I am a photographer). One of the stops I plan to make is to the Temple of Poseidon and I was told to go at sunset. What do you guys think of that advice?

Anyway, ahead of the trip, I thought I would research the place a bit.... Does anyone have anything to add?

Cretan Wine fair returns to Athena!

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube