1 - 2 of 2 Posts

greek_ggirl

It's that time of year again! And so many people don't know what to get their father figures. Here is a list of a few examples that I have compiled and gifted throughout the years. Let me know what you think!

-A coffee cup set
-Tavli board
-Cigars
-Whiskey
-Soccer jersey
-Handwritten note
-Photo album
-Headphones
-A nice koboloi, you can find some great ones online or buy them from a Greek store. Here is an Esty shop that sells them and ships internationally https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/491...0OfCQpfZurgBrcOYXCnzO4xJ-nIWFNYxoCIXUQAvD_BwE

LydiaGreene

It can be very difficult for me to choose gifts for men. As a girl, I can know what my mother, grandmother, sister, or friend needs and buy the thing they really want. Sometimes I think that the list of gifts for men is so small that it is almost impossible to make a choice. At times like this, I turn to GiftLab for help. Personalized gifts are the best option if you don't know what to give your loved one. For Father's Day, I ordered a personalized notebook for my dad. It is not only a beautiful thing but also useful. Such a gift was a great option to please my dad and remind him how much I love him.

Last edited:

Do Greeks Celebrate Halloween?

I know that Halloween isn't something that is traditionally Greek, and that is true in other places in Europe, too. However, I have noticed in my travels that some countries have been embracing it. Is this the case in Greece or do Greeks mostly ignore it?

Kalikantzaros - Spooky Christmas Tradition

I am learning a bit more about Greek Christmas traditions, and I just bumped into something pretty spooky - the kalikantzaros, which are Christmas goblins. What really strikes me as that they aren't cutesy Christmas goblins. They appear to be pretty mean! Does anyone know more about them? They are a part of folklore not only in Greece apparently, but also in Serbia, Bulgaria, etc. I would love for you guys to share what you know about them.

Tips for Learning Greek While in Greece?

Now that I am getting older, I realize how important my Greek heritage is. So, I've made it my mission to learn more about it. One of the things I want to do is get better at Greek. And sure, I know I can use language programs - but it seems to me that learning it while in the country might be a little easier. I know that a 2 or 3 week trip won't make me fluent, but I bet it can give me a really good head start. Do you guys have any tips for how I can immerse myself in the Greek language while I am in the country?

Finding a Wedding Planner in Greece?

I decided to do a destination wedding in Greece. I mentioned in an earlier thread that I am not an Orthodox Christian but have decided on the Athens area because I think there are some great photo opportunities all over the city and it is a bit more accessible. Anyway, I know I need help getting everything organized. How does one go about finding a wedding planner in Greece who can help?

Learning about Greek Orthodoxy - resources?

I am on an active process to learn more about Greek Orthodoxy - it has been my project for the past year. I am having a hard time tracking down resources. Does anyone have an y books to recommend?

I have read so far:

Thinking Orthodox - Eugenia Constantinou

Orthodox Study Bible

Welcome to the Orthodox Church - Frederica Matthews Green

Thanks!
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube