1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dimi_pat

Just so that any travelers are aware, there was an earthquake in Kefalonia last week so there might be a few aftershocks. Greece is known for earthquakes, so this is nothing new and many of the buildings are built to withstand earthquakes

Thanks for reporting this to our community!

Here is a good resource for earthquake activity for Kefalonia:

Thanks for reporting this to our community!

Here is a good resource for earthquake activity for Kefalonia:
Definitely! Thank you so much for reporting this.

What to do in Faskardo Village on Kefalonia

I visited this village once maybe eight years ago and I want to go back. I have some notes about the things to do there. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Did I miss anything? I want to take my family there because I found the place to be really beautiful.

• Stroll the Waterfront Promenade: Enjoy a leisurely walk along the picturesque harbor with its array of colorful fishing boats and yachts.
  • Explore Historical Venetian Architecture: Take in the charming Venetian-style buildings that survived the 1953 earthquake, giving Fiskardo its unique character.
  • Relax at Foki Beach: Spend a day sunbathing and swimming in the serene bay of Foki, surrounded by olive groves and cypress trees.
  • Join a Boat Tour: Embark on a boat excursion to discover remote beaches, hidden coves, and the stunning coastline around Fiskardo.
  • Visit the Fiskardo Nautical and Environmental Museum: Learn about the maritime history and natural environment of the region through engaging exhibits.
  • Hike to the Lighthouse: Follow the scenic trails leading out of Fiskardo to the iconic lighthouse and enjoy panoramic views of the sea.
What did I miss? Anyone have any restaurants to recommend?

Traveling to Kefalonia in the Summer

Now that the holidays are behind me, I am starting to think about traveling to Greece in 2023. I want to visit a place I never have before, and I am thinking that Kefalonia might be a great place to explore. I would like to be on the island during when the sea turtles are on the beaches laying there eggs - I always loved wildlife and it seems fascinating. How long in the season? It is maybe a month? If so, would it make sense to visit in June?

So, I want to go to Greece in the summer so I can spend a lot of time on the beach. I know, I can go throughout the summer and into at least the early fall and still have great beach weather, but June works out the best for my schedule and I love taking a vacation around that time.

Besides the turtles and beaches, what else do you guys recommend?

What to do in Corfu for couples?

My partner and I are planning a romantic getaway to Corfu, Greece, and we're looking for some insider tips on the best experiences for couples. We've heard so much about Corfu's natural beauty and rich history, but we're hoping to tailor our itinerary to include activities that are especially romantic.

We're open to anything, whether it's relaxing on secluded beaches, exploring charming villages, enjoying candlelit dinners with stunning views, or embarking on adventurous excursions together. Ideally, we'd love to find a balance between leisurely, romantic moments and exciting adventures that we can share as a couple.

If you were us, what would you do while on the island?

Best way to get from Athens to Kefalonia?

I am booking my transportation for my trip to Kefalonia. I will have to fly into Athens, and I will be spending some time in Athens (haven't decided how long). From there, I would like t travel to Kefalonia. What is the best way? Should I just do the ferry? I also don't mind flying.

The one detail is that I ideally would like to leave from Kefalonia to go home to the United States. Should I plan on staying in Athens again? Logistically, I know this isn't ideal, to need to leave from Kefalonia for home, so maybe I should split my Athens trip up (about two weeks in Athens) to make it easier on myself?

Caves and Lake in Kephalonia

I saw some photos of the caves in Kephalonia and there's a lake near one of them, too. I think the cave is called Drograti and the lake is Melissani. I got the impression they were close to each other? Are they?

I would love to visit both - seems like such a natural and beautiful place. I don't want it to be busy when I go - what is a good time of year to visit? Do you have any tips?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back