1 - 2 of 2 Posts

d_kakavouli

I love sesame biscottis! This is what you'll need: 3/4 cup tahini, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cardamom or cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup orange juice, 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds. Mix all of the dry ingredients then the wet ingredients separately. Then combine all of them together and bake at 375 until golden :) I like to coat mine in plenty of sesame seeds but that's optional

Sesami-Biskoti-720x480.jpg

k_tsoukalas

These look delicious! I adore sesame seeds, I find they taste great in a cookie like this.

How to make a Greek evil eye cocktail

This idea is SO FUN! I would love to make these cocktails to kick off my next trip to Greece with my girlfriends! The recipe requires a few ingredients that you might have on hand if you're a cocktail master. It's not a traditionally Greek recipe, but that's what you get when you want a cocktail for the looks. :)

This is how taramasalata is made!

Taramosalata is one of those dips that's a bit mystifying. Many people really don't know what's in it (caviar and bread mostly) but we all know that it tastes amazing! There are varying qualities, and depending on how expensive or local the taramasalata is, its going to have different consistencies and taste. I like to go with your standard Krinos taramasalata that I get at the Greek supermarket but you can even make your own if you want a much fresher taste.

Did you know that cheesecake is an Ancient Greek recipe?

This is a little known fact! Even though cheesecake in Ancient Greece is not like the New York cheesecake that we all know and eat today, the origins of cheesecake come from Ancient Greece. This actually makes total sense considering Greece has some of the best cheese and dairy from all around the world. Here is a recipe for Greek cheesecake. This recipe is super simple because it doesn't even need to be baked! Enjoy

How do you preserve your family recipes?

One of the most cherished things in my household is my mom's binder of old recipes preserved in clear plastic film. My mom has kept all of our family recipes in the original form which is old paper that is yellowing and in my grandmas handwriting. Because I am paranoid, I have taken pictures of all of the recipes and taken pictures of each recipe and uploaded them to the cloud so that I have a backup in case the binder gets lost. I urge everyone to write all of their family recipes down if you don't have them already!!

How to make unique sesame biscuits!

These are a unique version of the classic koulourakia! They are shaped in a unique curly circle with sesame seeds on top to add a pop of savoy flavor. Have any of you tried making these type of Koulourakia before or know what region of Greece they come from?

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter