1 - 7 of 7 Posts

mastichas09

I was helping out an Australian friend to try and learn Greek and stumbled upon these videos. It's always best to learn from real life and actual Greeks! If you don't know any then videos like these can really help you immerse yourself in the language :)

Reactions: linsuelin

ellinasgolfer0320

These are great videos.

In case anyone wants to watch a great Greek movie to practice their Greek, you can watch this movie with subtitles (whether you speak Greek or not, it's still a good movie).

nadellii

These are great videos.

In case anyone wants to watch a great Greek movie to practice their Greek, you can watch this movie with subtitles (whether you speak Greek or not, it's still a good movie).

This is an excellent movie!! I would also recommend Nifes, although I don't remember how much of the movie is in English or Greek. But just like Mikra Agglia, its a great movie nonetheless.

k_tsoukalas

These look great! I love finding things on YouTube to help me with my Greek. I also look for shows to watch on YouTube... although I haven't found much!

ellinasgolfer0320

I don't know why I didn't share this sooner, but I use tainio (movie) mania (mania) to watch movies in Greek.

https://tainio-mania.online/

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

Also, if anyone is looking for Greek tv shows, I use dailymotion

Vocabulary words that you need to know if you are going to the beach in Greece!

These are going to be super helpful when you're going to the beach in Greece!

• Swimsuit – το μαγιό – to mayio
  • Red (black, blue, etc) Swimsuit – το κόκκινο (μαύρο, μπλε, etc) μαγιό – to kokkino (mavro, ble, etc) mayio
  • Beach – η παραλία – I paralia
  • Ocean – ο ωκεανός – o okeanos
  • Mediterranean Sea – Η Μεσόγειος – I mesoyeeos
  • Sun – Ο ήλιος – o ilios
  • Sunglasses – τα γυαλιά Ηλιού – ta gyaliá Ilioú
  • Swimming – κολύμπι – kolimbi
  • Towel – πετσέτα – peseta
  • Seashell – το κοχύλι – to kohili
  • Suntan – το μαύρισμα – to mavrisma
  • Palm Tree – το φοίνικα – to finika
  • Life Guard – ο ναυαγοσώστης – o navagosóstis
  • Sunscreen – το αντηλιακό – to aftiliako
  • Bikini – το μπικίνι – to bikini

Check out Pentozali, the traditional dance of Crete

Pentozali is such a unique and beautiful dance. It is very traditional, and requires a decent amount of skill (especially if you want to do the tricks that you see in the video)

This is what Oxi Day is all about

Love learning about holidays like this, cheers!

This is what a Greek Orthodox baptism looks like!

Here is a short video for anyone that's curious about what happens at a Greek Orthodox baptism

What do Greek-Americans and Greek-Canadians do for thanksgiving?

This question is out of pure curiotisty! What do my fellow Greek-Americans and Greek-Canadians do for thanksgiving? Do you eat turkey? Do you even celebrate?
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter