1 - 2 of 2 Posts

xmelissaa

Reactions: k_tsoukalas

Three Days or So in Corfu?

I was thinking of visiting Corfu over summer of 2024 and I am not sure how many days to stay. I was thinking that three days is a good amount, and that will enable me to visit other places in Greece (and other people - I have friends and family to visit).

Anyway 3 or 4 days really is ideal. But now, what to do? I have been watching a lot of content - there is some great travel content on YouTube and people love to visit Greece. Anyway, here is a great video:

Planning What to See in Corfu

I've been to Corfu plenty of times. I am writing down some of my notes so that I can sort out what I want to see next time I visit. I have friends there and might visit again next year...

Old Town Corfu - It's a NESCO World Heritage Site and has an impressive collection of Venetian-era buildings, narrow streets, and hidden alleys. It is also home to the imposing Old Fortress, Esplanade, and there architecture of the Liston and Palace of St. Michael and St. George.

Beaches - The Blue Caves on the northern coast of the island are a must-visit attraction and can only be accessed by boat but are worth visiting. Once there, swim in the sparkling blue waters surrounded by towering cliffs.

Dishes to Try - Sample local dishes like Pastitsada (beef stewed in tomato sauce), Sofrito (thinly sliced veal with parsley and garlic sauce), and Bourdeto (fish in a spicy red sauce). Also drink ouzo or tsipouro, two popular spirits.

Achilleion Palace - Located seven kilometers south of Corfu Town. Built as a summer residence for Empress Elizabeth of Austria. The palace has gorgeous architecture, beautiful gardens, and exceptional views of the surrounding countryside. I have taken a tour - not sure I'd do it again.

Anyone have any good Tavernas to recommend?

Favorite things to do in Corfu?

Although I had been exploring the possibility of visiting the Cyclades this summer, it might not work out. I have some friends on Corfu, and there might be a wedding that I have to go to (but even that is up in the air).

So, I thought I would gather some information just in case I end up there. What are your favorite things to do in Corfu? I have been before, but I haven't spent much time consecutively there. If I end up having to go to a wedding, I will be there for at least a few weeks, so I will have plenty of time. Last time I went I felt like all I did was visit people, which is fine, but I want to get out more this time around.

Visiting Corfu this Summer

I am thinking to head to Greece this summer and I want to spend my time going places I have either never been before, or have only spent a short amount of time at and I would love to return.

Corfu is on my list. I don't know much about it s I am having a hard time focusing my attention so that I can plan my time. I have about five nights to spend here. My most immediate concern is, do you have any recommendations on where to stay on the island?

Prioritizing Things to Do in Corfu

I want to do the following in Corfu - problem is I only have a few nights. Any advice on how I can prioritize?

- Old fortress
- Canal d'Amour
- Meander though old town
- Paleolastritsa beach
- Casa Parlante
- Archaeological Museum
- Nightlife - whatever I can find

Is this too much for 3 nights?
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back