1 - 4 of 4 Posts

dpappas87

I would love to visit Petani beach one day! Have any of you been?? Watching these videos is almost the same thing as being there

Reactions: seleanor
This beach has the bluest water :love:

This beach looks absolutely stunning. Seems like that is a trend in Greece, but especially on Kefalonia.

This beach looks absolutely stunning. Seems like that is a trend in Greece, but especially on Kefalonia.
This does look like a great place! When I make it to Kefalonia I'll check it out...

Reactions: redsoxdw_

Travel to Kefalonia in May?

I plan to go to Greece at the end of April leading up to Orthodox Easter, which is at the beginning of May.

I will spend Holy Week and Easter near Athens.

Then, I would love to visit another place. I am considering Kefalonia. Is early May a good time of year to go to Kefalonia?

Always wanted to see the turtles in Kefalonia...

I have a bucket list of going to Kefalonia while the turtles are on the beaches. I love turtles and this seems like a really beautiful thing.

I found this video that talks about them. It's not quite seeing them in person, but it was informative. Thought I'd share:

Top Attractions in Kefalonia

Planning a trip to kefalonia next year. I want to see the turtles - I was thinking of going at the end of June. Does this make sense to see the turtles?

In addition I want to see the following - did I miss anything?

- Melissani Cave
- Skala Beach (and other beaches)
- Castle of Agios Georgios

Anything else I should prioritize?

Making Christopsomo- Christmas Bread

I will be traveling to Greece this Christmas and I want to make some Christopsomo to give to my family when I go. I have never made it and want to run something by you - do these ingredients look right? It looks very similar to tsoureki to me but with a lot of spices. I am also nervous there's too much flour in the recipe.

- 8 cups or so of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 package of dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup of honey

Did I Miss Turtle Season?

I have always wanted to see the turtles in Kefalonia. They come to the beach to lay eggs or something once a year or so, right? Did I miss it?

I Might have to wait until next year to do this. Does anyone have an advice?

I was originally planning to go n September, but I think if that is the case, I would have missed it?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back