1 - 4 of 4 Posts

tomipark

I know that Nike was the Greek godess of victory in ancient Greece, was the shoe company named after her?

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
I just had this conversation with my son the other day so we did some research! Apparently the original name was going to be Dimension 6 until one of the founders suggested naming it after the Goddess Nike, specifically because her presence symbolized victory!

Reactions: auroracoor1

auroracoor1

I just had this conversation with my son the other day so we did some research! Apparently the original name was going to be Dimension 6 until one of the founders suggested naming it after the Goddess Nike, specifically because her presence symbolized victory!
That's a way better name than Dimension 6 LOL! It's cool that Greeks are a part of Nike, I love their shoes!

What was Agamemnons role in the Trojan war?

The Trojan war was the greatest war in classical mythology! But what role did Agamenon play in it? Does anyone know?

trojanwar.jpg

Did everyone in Ancient Greece wear togas?

What is the history of the toga and did everyone wear them?

togas.jpg

What are the different ages of Greek mythology?

I've been doing some more research on Greek mythology and I was wondering what the different ages are? And how do they differ?

Who is the son of Hercules and are there any stories about him?

Does anyone know? I'm doing a bit of research on Hercules and his family, thanks :)

What are the most tragic and dramatic Greek mythology stories?

I work as a freelance writer and i’m developing a project with a graphic artist about tragic Greek mythology stories. Can you all comment some of your favorite and most tragic stories? I would love to know.

medusa-720x358.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter