1 - 3 of 3 Posts

tomipark

Hey guys! I know so many of you are foodies so I thought you would be the best people to as about the best dishes to try while in Crete? What are your favorites?

k_tsoukalas

It's not called "Greek Bruschetta" but it's the best way to describe it in English. It's delicious! Rusks, which are a hardened bread similar to a toast, olive oil, freshly chopped tomatoes, herbs, and traditional Cretan cheese. It's all over the island on menus and will be easy to find.

dakos-cretan-bruschetta-720x478.jpg

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
I love cretan fried snails (chochlioi boubouristi)!

snails.jpg

What is the recipe for traditional Greek salad?

So many of my Greek friends have been telling me that Greek salad is not supposed to have lettuce in it. Is that true? Can someone give me the traditional recipe?

What can I eat as a vegetarian in Greece?

I’ve heard many jokes (and i’ve seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding) about Greeks eating a lot of meat. Will I be able to survive in Greece as a vegetarian?

What are your favorite lenten recipes?

Im trying out fasting this year, and I love to make kolokithokeftedes (zucchini fritters) but I need some more inspirationion. What are your go-to lenten dishes?

kolokitho.jpg

Best kadaifi recipe?

Hey! Does anyone have any really good kadaifi recipe? Thanks :)

kataifi.jpg

What are your favorite Greek fruits?

I love picking fresh figs from my family's garden in Greece. They're so sweet I eat them for dessert. Show me pics of your favorites!!

fig.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter