1 - 3 of 3 Posts

mj_toronto8

I'm not a historian but I'm super curious about what impact the Byzantine empire has had on Greece's culture and overall history.

Basically, after Constantine the great took power, and moved the capitol of the empire to Constantinople there was a huge Hellenic influence in the Byzantine empire. Previous to that, much of the empire had Italian or "Latin" influence on Greece.

Blue & White

Basically, after Constantine the great took power, and moved the capitol of the empire to Constantinople there was a huge Hellenic influence in the Byzantine empire. Previous to that, much of the empire had Italian or "Latin" influence on Greece.
While the Greeks were teaching mathematics, philosophy, science and the arts the majority of the world were barbarians. The empire that you reference (Rome) all of the above was copied from the Greeks. Constantine was an Italian that became Greek Orthodox. Because he reverted back to the truth while the West corrupted Gods word.

Did anyone know that Prince Phillip (rip) was Greek?

Apparently he was born in Corfu and his family was temporarily "Greek royalty" but they were exiled soon after.

Apparently there was a pandemic in ancient Athens!

While I was doing some research about the pandemic I realize that they were actually way more common than I had thought. Little did I know that one of my favorite historical periods, ancient Greece, how to play they killed some really famous historical figures. How come no one told me this? Did any of you know about this???

What is the history behind Greek Independence Day?

Hi guys! What is the significance of Greek Independence Day (March 25)?

Since when did Greece have kingdoms?

I've had a lot of free time recently and I've been researching the history of modern Greece. I had absolutely no idea that Greece had monarchs and kingdoms. Does anyone have a little bit more info about what was going on at the time? And what caused this?

What are the biggest influences of the Byzantine empire in Greece?

I'm not a historian but I'm super curious about what impact the Byzantine empire has had on Greece's culture and overall history.

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter