1 - 6 of 6 Posts

nadellii

Personally, I have to say baklava or kaïmaki. For those of you that haven’t tried kaïmaki, I highly recommend it. It’s a traditional Greek ice cream made from masticha. You can find it at most Greek grocery stores and ice cream stores. What is your favorite Greek ice cream flavor?

k_tsoukalas

Personally, I have to say baklava or kaïmaki. For those of you that haven’t tried kaïmaki, I highly recommend it. It’s a traditional Greek ice cream made from masticha. You can find it at most Greek grocery stores and ice cream stores. What is your favorite Greek ice cream flavor?
I had kaïmaki once and it was delicious! That might be my favorite since it's so interesting.

I like the citrus based ice creams, like lemon is a personal favorite. Sooo good!

Reactions: xmelissaa

xmelissaa

I like the citrus based ice creams, like lemon is a personal favorite. Sooo good!
I find that there aren't many of these in Greece, I've seen many pagotinia with vanilla and chocolate.

Reactions: GreekGirlCooks
I find that there aren't many of these in Greece, I've seen many pagotinia with vanilla and chocolate.
Agreed, I see lemon only sometimes, and when I do it's a real treat! By far the most common flavors I see are vanilla and chocolate. I recall there was a lot of gelato in Greece, too, similar flavors as in Italy.

Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

Agreed, I see lemon only sometimes, and when I do it's a real treat! By far the most common flavors I see are vanilla and chocolate. I recall there was a lot of gelato in Greece, too, similar flavors as in Italy.
Yes, although I prefer Italian gelato and ice cream over everything! They can't be beat!

How to make a gyro completely from scratch

Making gyros can be pretty simple… but also pretty complicated. If you're in the mood for a challenge, I recommend that you check out this video and try making all of the different parts of a gyro from scratch. This is what I like to do if I have a little extra time on my hands, and want to impress my family lol. Of course, ordering takeout is always a great option, especially if you're supporting a local Greek business.

How to make homemade Greek yogurt

This process is straight out of a Greek village! Fresh Greek yogurt is so wonderful, and tastes nothing like what you get at the grocery store. The flavor is so rich, and the texture is so creamy. If you have the time and resources, I really suggest that you try this out.

How to make homemade Greek sausages

Greek sausages are fresh and fragrant. You can make these sausages out of any type of ground meat, but the most traditional way is ground pork. I like to use chicken for breakfast sausages but pork for when I'm having a barbecue with guests over. I like to get fresh ground meat from the butcher, with about 15-20% of fat. The more fat, the juicer the sausages will be. Keep in mind that if you're using a leaner cut of meat, you will want to keep an eye on the cook time so that they don't dry out. Here is my favorite recipe. It's in Greek but I use a google translate add on to understand it.

Mastic ice cream is the best dessert for summer

Greek mastic ice cream is one of the best summer desserts. It has such a unique flavor, and is made from traditional Greek ingredients. You can usually find this ice cream packaged in a grocery store, from a Greek pastry store, and some people even make it at home. If you would like to try to, here are some recipes that you can use.

How to make the best french fries!

Even though they were popularized in the United States, french fries are a staple of Greek cuisine. The Greeks do them much better than anyone else! Greek french fries are thick cut, and always made fresh to order. We don't use frozen fries and we always fry them in high quality oil. Here is how to make the best Greek fries
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter