1 - 4 of 4 Posts

tomipark

My Greek husband and I are visiting Mykonos this summer and would love any tips about the best beaches to visit in Greece. I'm a sucker for soft white sand, and really really blue waters. And any place that has beach chairs in excellent service is a plus because I love to enjoy a nice cocktail by the water. Something with this vibe would be great:

mykonos.jpg

Reactions: dubai_suzie
It depends what kind of experience you want. If you want to go to a popular beach that has sun loungers, bars, and entertaining while also being good for families, I recommend Paradise Beach. It can get busy though! The following is what it looks like when you manage to find a quiet corner. :)

Attachments

• paradise-beach-mykonos.jpg
    paradise-beach-mykonos.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1
Yess Kapari Beach had amazing cabanas. My husband and I wanted to splurge because we went for our honeymoon and it was so romantic to lay in the shade right by the water. It's definitely very pricey but totally worth it if you ask me.

All the beaches in Mykonos are some of the best in the world!!!

Mykonos-1-720x480.jpeg

Things to Do in Mykonos at Christmas

I am thinking of heading to Mykonos this Christmas season to visit some people. I thought I would share some thoughts about what I can do there this time of year.

Christmas Markets

Like many other places in Europe, Mykonos also has its own version of Christmas markets. Wander around the charming alleys of the old town and discover festive stalls selling handmade crafts, traditional sweets, and local delicacies. The main market takes place in Manto Square, where you can also experience the lighting of the Christmas tree and carol singing.

Traditional Celebration

Christmas celebrations in Mykonos follow the Greek Orthodox calendar, which means that the main festivities are held on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. You can attend the midnight Mass at one of the island's many churches, such as the Paraportiani Church, or witness the local traditions of kalanda (carol singing) and feasting on traditional dishes like avgolemono soup and roasted lamb.

Christmas Shopping

There are some great shops on Mykonos. I can do my Christmas shopping here!

How do you find the "good" parties on Mykonos?

I went to only one of the beach clubs on Mykonos and it wasn't really my vibe. Yet, I constantly see people partying in Mykonos and it looks fun and they're having a blast. How do these people find those parties?

My questions:

• Are many of these parties private events?
  • Are there clubs away from the beaches that are known for their nightlife and DJs?
  • Are there different DJs that go to Mykonos? Maybe I can find out about the parties by tracking the DJs?
Another possibility is maybe the party scene really isn't my thing. I appreciate all your thoughts!

Best photo spots in Mykonos?

I want to document my next trip to Mykonos with some great photos.

Does anyone have personal favorites or insider tips on the best spots for photography in Mykonos? I'm interested in both, the well-known attractions and those off-the-beaten-path locations that offer unique perspectives of the island's charm.

Also, if there are specific times of day that bring out the magic of these places (think golden hour or less crowded moments), I'd love to hear about that too!

Any tips on local etiquette regarding photography would also be greatly appreciated. I aim to be respectful of the people and the culture during my visit.

Taking a quick boat ride in Mykonos

Does anyone know the best way to take a quick boat ride when in Mykonos? I usually just walk around the shore and find someone (they usually bring their boats to a spot) but the last time I did that, I didn't like the boat! So I want to plan things in advance this time around. I plan to go to Mykonos soon.

The last boat had a glass bottom, and it freaked me out - I don't want to do that again.

Also, I am interested in Scuba diving but I know that is a bit more complicated to arrange than a boat ride. I might have to wait until I get there?

Favorite Beaches on Mykonos

I know that people have mixed feelings about the beaches of Mykonos, but I plan to go this year. I've been in the past and wanted to share my three favorites:

1. Elia Beach​

• Elia is the longest sandy beach in Mykonos, offering a less crowded experience. It's ideal for those who want to relax and enjoy crystal-clear waters.
  • Tip: Try the water sports facilities there — I don't enjoy it but my family members report that this is fun. They've rented jet skis.

2. Paradise Beach​

• As the name suggests, Paradise Beach is lovely. It's known for the party scene, but during the day it isn't bad. They just play DJ music while you're at the beach, and there's a lively bar.
  • Note: Leave before the evening parties start if that's not your scene. I love the energy during the day but I have to be in the mood for the music.

3. Psarou Beach​

• Psarou might allure you with its upscale vibe and excellent beachside services. It's all about luxury yachts, boutique shops, and high-end dining.
  • Recommendation: Don't miss the opportunity to snorkel in these beautiful waters. It's very serene here in general.
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back