1 - 7 of 7 Posts

tomipark

I recently checked out a movie on Netflix about the Trojan war and I'm trying to learn more about Paris. Does anyone have more info about what he was really like? I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject.

Reactions: gochi88

k_tsoukalas

The movie did a decent job portraying Paris. Are you talking about the movie where Brad Pitt played Achilles? Big picture, Paris is looked at as the individual whose actions actually caused the Trojan War - the Catalyst.

knicks_fan87

Paris played a huge role in the Trojan war. Many people think that Helen was the big cause, which she was. But if there was no Paris, there would be no Helen, and then there would be no Trojan war. He was the one who she ran away with and caused the whole thing.

LorenaGill

Last edited:

dubai_suzie

Paris was the son of the King of Troy. Before the baby’s birth, Hecuba dreamed that she would give birth to a “flaming torch,” and a seer predicted that Paris would some day be the downfall of Troy

Last edited:

peterturner

The movie did a decent job portraying Paris. Are you talking about the movie where Brad Pitt played Achilles? Big picture, Paris is looked at as the individual whose actions actually caused the apk yowhatsapp Trojan War - the Catalyst.

I agree with you, same, opinion from my side.

gochi88

Movies inspired by Greek mythology that you should watch!

These aren't really "Greek" but they're great for those who love Greek mythology!

1. Disney's Hercules
2. Percy Jackson series
3. 300
4. Troy

The myth of medusa explained!

I found this cool video that explains a bit about the story of Medusa which is my favorite story in Greek mythology! I feel that she is so misunderstood and seen as an evil character when in reality she's one of the most powerful characters who is just cursed.

Who was the royal family of Greece?

I had no idea that Greece had a royal family until I found out that prince Phillip was born in Corfu and did some googling...and im not even sure I understand how the British royal family connects to. the Greek royal family. Does anyone know why Greece even had a royal family in the first place? And what was their role in ruling the country?

Hades is the Greek video game inspired by Greek mythology

Hades is a popular video game released few years back that is inspired by Greek mythology. In Greek mythology, Hades himself is the god of the underworld which is similar to hell in biblical stories. The Olympians were very scared of Hades which is why the video game creators chose Hades as the main character of the game. I suggest that all of my video game and Greek mythology lovers check out this game!

Check out this Greek mythology podcast!

I thought I would share this podcast for any fellow Greek mythology lovers who like to listen to a podcast on their commute or their morning walks. I love a little dose of mythology throughout my day and Im so happy that this podcast shares a bit of Roman mythology as well! There is so much more that I don't know about mythology that I've been learning just by listening to a few episodes. Hope you enjoy

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter