1 - 8 of 8 Posts

tomipark

I recently checked out a movie on Netflix about the Trojan war and I'm trying to learn more about Paris. Does anyone have more info about what he was really like? I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject.

Reactions: gochi88

k_tsoukalas

The movie did a decent job portraying Paris. Are you talking about the movie where Brad Pitt played Achilles? Big picture, Paris is looked at as the individual whose actions actually caused the Trojan War - the Catalyst.

knicks_fan87

Paris played a huge role in the Trojan war. Many people think that Helen was the big cause, which she was. But if there was no Paris, there would be no Helen, and then there would be no Trojan war. He was the one who she ran away with and caused the whole thing.

LorenaGill

Last edited:

dubai_suzie

Paris was the son of the King of Troy. Before the baby’s birth, Hecuba dreamed that she would give birth to a “flaming torch,” and a seer predicted that Paris would some day be the downfall of Troy

Last edited:

peterturner

The movie did a decent job portraying Paris. Are you talking about the movie where Brad Pitt played Achilles? Big picture, Paris is looked at as the individual whose actions actually caused the apk yowhatsapp Trojan War - the Catalyst.

I agree with you, same, opinion from my side.

gochi88

grandson

Paris was the son of the King of Troy. Before the baby’s birth, Hecuba dreamed that she would give birth to a “flaming torch,” and a seer predicted that Paris would some day be the downfall of Troy
thanks for sharing this stuff.It was pretty informative and I learned very much from it,now I would like to share it on Yo whatsapp download.

Did you know that Greek mythology has a princess of Thessaly?

Thessaly is the region in central Greece that exist today, but many don't know that in Greek mythology, there is a princess of Thessaly. Her name is Koronis and she was known for being extremely beautiful. She was actually so beautiful that Apollo fell in love with her and seduced her when he was in Thessaly. They made love and she became pregnant, and when Apollo left the island he left a white dove to care for her in his absence.

Who is Hestia in Greek Mythology

Hestia is the Greek goddess of the hearth, home, and of domesticity. She is the only Greek god and goddess who did and does not have an altar or temple dedicated to her since every home had a special altar for her, since she ruled the home life. She was also considered to be a virgin, since her role was in the home and in order to help out with the home she had to be pure. People would leave many offerings at their altars when there was any chaos or dysfunction in their households so that Hestia would resolve them.

Antigone is one of the most twisted Greek myths of all time

There are so many twisted and strange Greek myths that exist, but Antigone is probably one of the most freakish in my opinion. Antigone is the child of Oedipus and Jocasta, who is his mother. That makes Antigone the product of incest, and both the daughter and grandchild of Jocasta, and the daughter and sibling of Oedipus. The myth of Antigone is more focused on her efforts to bury her brother, Polynices. But personally all I can focus on is this twisted nature of her existence! The Greek gods were one hell of a people LOL.

Who are the women of Lemnos?

The story goes that Aphrodite put a curse of the women living in Lemnos making them not want to be with their husbands anymore. Apphrodite believed that the women were not getting what they deserved. What ended up happening is that all of the men go to nearby Thrace to be with the women there. The women of Lemnos become so angry that they kill all of their husbands in one night. It is a tragic and sad story, one that teaches about gender and gender relationships in our society.

The Current Greek Mythology?

So recently I have been really enjoying watching videos from Professor Fransesca Stavracopoulou and I wanted to share one of my favourite videos on youtube. She is a professor of Hebrew Bible and Ancient Religion at the University of Exeter. She examines the bible from a professional archaeological point of view, showing how many of the bible stories are not historically verifiable or even misrepresent the actual historical accounts. My personal realisation is that the current Greek religion is just another mythology just as the 12 Greek gods were.

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter