1 - 4 of 4 Posts

nm1999

I loved this beach when I first visited but I never really found out why the sand is red. Does anyone know?

Xi-Beach-Kefalonia-720x480.jpg

cf_fraiser

Could it be from any nearby volcanos? I'm not sure

I believe it's a chemical reaction when the iron in the sand comes into contact with oxygen it forms iron oxide or rust

nik_ma

Nice picture; never been there but I have been in black sand beach in Santorini.

Where can I find small village charm in Kefalonia?

Hey everyone, I'm looking to find some small villages in Kefalonia to visit while I'm there. I really like to travel on the offbeat and path and get to know locals, is there anywhere I can do that on the island? I'm super adventurous and open to anything. The more authentic the better.

Tell me about the beautiful village of Fiskardo!

Has anyone ever been? I'd love some traveling tips!

fiskardo.jpg

Have you been to De Bosset Bridge in Argostoli, Kefalonia?

I would love to visit one day and do a photoshoot at the bridge! Any tips for getting there and which season is best to visit Kefalonia?

Argostoli-720x468.jpg

What is the easiest way to travel to Kefalonia?

Has anyone been to Kefalonia before? What's the most efficient and cost effective way to get there? Thanks

What are the katavothres in Kefalonia?

I've heard a little bit about the phenomenon but I don't know exactly what the katavothres are. Can anyone help out?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter